90 model yj charging problem.

Jared

Alternator putting out but not receiving to battery. Is there a relay that could be bad?

Jared is the alternator putting put enough amps alternators put out voltage and amps

Sounds like you answered the question yourself. If the alt is putting out and not getting to the battery take a volt meter and follow the wire to where you have no more voltage its broken. First check and double check the ground connections. Dont just pull or wiggle and call it tight. Loosen it clean it tighten it.

Yes first start by removing and cleaning all connections to the battery and alternator. Both sides of the grounds. Wires have been found to be corroated to feel stif like they are okay but be electrically big resistors.
Second take the battery and alternator to be load tested to AZ, Advanc'd, or oreilly's.

Thanks. This particular Jeep belongs to a friend of mine and I haven't been able to look at it yet.

is there a fuse between the alt and bat? may have blown. just a thought. My alt quit charging my bat back in the summer and it was a inline fuse.

It was the inline fuse just like you thought. Done deal. Thanks

Back