95 wrangler se problem

detzztop

was coming home from deer camp and my wrangler would run good then would slow down and act kind of like it was missing and like it wanted to backfire.i had to stop and turn it off then restart and it would do fine for awhile then start the same thing over again. i have replaced fuel pump and new wires and everything new!could this be the injectors or egr valve?i dont think the 95 has an egr valve but not sure! thanks

Start the engine ,vehicle in neutral or park.have someone rev the engine and hold it while you feel for exhaust pressure at the tail pipe.
You could have colapsed the tail pipe restricting exhaust flow.At low RPM the engine may run fine yet at highter rpm and under load the exhaust will back up choking the engine.
How far do you drive before it begins to act up???

i drove around 20 miles then it started acting up!! from my camp to home 98 miles!!didnt think i would make it home but i did when i made it to my exit the engine went dead i fired it back up and made it a mile to my house. the guy i bought it from said the truck was fine when he had fuel pump put on it but ever since it takes about two or three turns of the key to get it started before new fuel pump it stared just fine. he asked the mechanic and he told him the injectors. the jeep only has 52,000 orginal miles on it.my freind thinks egr vavle or injectors. i guess best thing to do hook up to machine at dealers and find out!!

That doesn't sound right to me. if the Jeep started Fine prior to the fuel pump replacement ,then i would think that the cause for the hard start would be related to the fuel pump or a faulty fuel pump itself. If there is no Check engine light, then the only thing a dealership can do is Monitor the sensors and adaptives and try to isolate the cause With the DRB3.

I would replace the fuel filter before I would spend a dime at the dealership. It takes less than thirty minutes to replace it. It is located on the inner side of the frame just forward of the driver side rear wheel.

If it's a bad catalytic converter, you have to wait for the exhaust to cool in order for it to run right. The catalyst shrinks as it cools, allowing exhaust to escape.

fuel filter and fuel pump have been replaced!when going on interstate speed got down to 40 and i pulled over and turned off key then restarted and jeep ran good for a while then started acting like it was bogging down and made like a popping or wanted to backfire sound.everything has been replaced so far but injectors. could be some kind of sensor.

As you were up and down from deer camp and the air cooled and warmed multiple times, you may have accumulated some moisture in your gas tank. Water sinks to the bottom, where the fuel intake is. Spend $1.00 on 2 cans of HEAT (isopropyl alcohol fuel conditioner) to get rid of the moisture before you do anything else.

I had a similar problem with my 94 wrangler and after replacing fuel pump and filter I finally dropped the gas tank and found that there is a small plastic filter inside where the fuel enters the fuel line and it was completely gummed up. replaced it for about $7.00 and no problems since.

I had a similar problem with my 94 wrangler and after replacing fuel pump and filter I finally dropped the gas tank and found that there is a small plastic filter inside where the fuel enters the fuel line and it was completely gummed up. replaced it for about $7.00 and no problems since.

I also had the same problem in my '94, but the gunk unfortunately was not limited to the plastic filter; it seems the previous owner never bothered to change the fuel filter, and this ruined the fuel pump, and let gunk into the fuel rail and injectors. I noticed this when the fuel rail cracked and I had to take it out. Was very surprised to find what looked like mud in there!

By the way, mine got worse the hotter the day was, so that is something to consider. And also consider the cat like bounty said...

Back