'96 XJ tire question

dropseys

I have a 96 XJ with 31 X 10.5 15 tires. My wife went to get the oil changed since i still can't drive with my leg and they adjusted the tire pressure to the door markings form Jeep. She said it squeels now. What should i have her follow the door markings or the tire markings. Obviously Jeep did not intend on these tires being on there. Any help would be appreciated especially since i am unable to do anythying my wife has to get it done. Oh and my inlaws will be using the XJ for a week and I need to be ready for them. Thanks in advance.

go with the recommendations on the tire.
The door placque is obsolete now that you changed from stock tire size and rating.

I'll bet that your 31's are underinflated now, no biggie, but that could explain the squeeling noise.

I'm running 31X10.50- 15's Dunlop Mud Rovers and I think I run around 38 plus lbs.?? I'll have to check.

Your a brave man for letting your inlaws drive your rig.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks. I am going to have to go with her to check them to see what they are. or I may wait for my in-laws and go with her father to do the air at the PD. I had a feeling it was going to be too low. The guy also stripped the oil filler cap so i had to buy a new one. Geez. I managed to get it off while balancing on cruthces and using needle nose pliars. fun fun fun. Even though i have never heard of this happening before, a week or so ago i read someone else on here had that happen so i guess its a Jeep thing? I don't know, but problem fixed there. Thanks for the help.

P.S. they damage the jeep i just get better parts to replace stock stuff. :) Maybe even new tires since i hate what i have. They are Lemans H?T and suck.

I don't know how much of their "help" one person can stand.
This isn't Wal-Mart by chance???

My opinion is that those guys can't pour pee out of a...... well you know.:)

Wal-Mart has tripped the drain plugs out of at least 1/2 dozen cars this past year because they take them to my buddys shop to have them fixed.

90Xjay said:
......................This isn't Wal-Mart by chance???

My opinion is that those guys can't pour pee out of a...... well you know.:)

Wal-Mart has tripped the drain plugs out of at least 1/2 dozen cars this past year because they take them to my buddys shop to have them fixed.

C'mon, 90, tell us how you really feel about WallyWorld!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I run 31's and somewhere around 35 psi seems to work best for me. Can't believe those dumb arses went by the door plate................even I know better than that, and I'm pretty stupid.:shock:

Mudders 38 psi street to keep even wear, 10-15 psi trail.

Street tires/All-terrains 32-35 psi street, 18 psi trail.

THat's what I do.

mud4feet said:
C'mon, 90, tell us how you really feel about WallyWorld!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you can't hold a job anywhere else and ate alot of paint chips early in life, chances are you're managment material for a SuperCenter Tire and Lube Manager.8)

I have heard nothing but bad stuff about Walmart service centers. A girl i work with had an oil change done and was driving her Tracker home 45 mins away when her engine seized. They didn't put oil back in it. That was an expensive oil change for Walmart. Nice for her though, she got a brand new Engine from Chevy. My wife has been there once for a tire patch and they said they couldn't do it she needed a new tire. All on a 2 week old car with a nail in the tire. I think it was BS so i told her put the spare back on and bring it home. Well i took the rim and tire to a tire shop and they said someone at walmart tried to patch it, but screwed up so they couldn't repair the hole either. Cost me a new tire. I told her she is never to go back to them. Seriously how do you call yourself a service center and then can't do a simple patch job? Work for walmart.

Remember the old Christmas classic Rudolph and the "Island of misfit toys"?

They all went to work at a walmart tire and lube.........

Take a hunk of chalk and mark a line across the tire tread. drive the Jeep down the driveway and see where the chalk line wears. If it wears more in the center let some air out, if it wears more at the outside edges put more air in. At least if you want them to wear evenly.

Back