97 chevy Blazer 4X4

Does or has anyone ever taken a 4.3 engine out of one of these things(Chevy Blazer). I am about to set this dam thing on fire and call it good but my dumb ass promised my sister that I could save her about a $1000 by doing it myself and no one seems to know what they are talking about on the internet. Its mostly the top transmission bolts. I can not get to them. Top or Bottom ! Thinking of drilling holes through the firewall.
Please any clues to go off of.

Long extension with wobble socket. Used to drive one. Not fun but possible

sometimes it really sucks being a nice guy and voluntering automotive work,thats why I dont do it no more.I know your desperate for a solution to your problem otherwise ya wouldnt post it on a jeep website.have ya tried talking to a dealership about it,maybe get one of the mechanics aside and chat with him.Good luck,

Often times it helps to remove the transmission crossmember and lower the transmission, then hit the bellhousing bolts with long extensions and a wobble socket or flex joint.

Its just like jester says... a long extension and a wobbler....a really really hong extension. Like, you will be laying behind the rear axles. I hate those damn top bolts. It seems impossible but if you just keep trying, youll get it eventually. Good luck. Im a sucker for helping somebody out too. Sometimes it really blows to be nice.

Wow I must be getting old a universal is now called a wobbler whats next a
dohickeyabob :D

You havent heard about the dohickeyabob? Where have you been? I keep 2 in my tool box cause folks always want to borrow it.

Oh right those things to change the muffler bearings lol. Any luck with the bolts.

I will say this, in all my years of working on things I have learned when you get frustrated, ****ed off, angry and mad you'll have a much harder time getting it done. Walk away, chill out and calm down. That thing will jump outta there with the right attitude and a little education [ talking to someone that's done it]. Hang in there and good luck.

I want to thank everyone for their words of wisdom and for helping out when needed. I got the engine changed out. Thanks again for all your HELP.

I will say this, in all my years of working on things I have learned when you get frustrated, ****ed off, angry and mad you'll have a much harder time getting it done. Walk away, chill out and calm down.
in my garage we call this a union break time, beer break or just smoke break to just get away and laugh at our own mistakes trying to remove something.

A wobble socket is different than a ujoint attachment. A wobbler is an actual socket that wobbles on the end of an extension. A ujoint attachment allows a standard socket to turn at an angle.

in my garage we call this a union break time, beer break or just smoke break to just get away and laugh at our own mistakes trying to remove something.
It helps for sure. I find myself getting this way more and more on the newer vehicles. They didn't engineer them to be easy to repair or without buying special tools. The last one I got good and mad about was the waterpump on my wifes toyota paseo. There was just no sense in making it that big of a pain to change.

Back