99 Cherokee Hubs Locked

Hmm.. I suppose I could throw some new motor mounts in..

If the mounts are the issue, shouldn't the shaking vary with RPM's? It shakes the same whether I'm pushing 3500 RPM's or my foot's not even on the gas... Shake just remains constant at 55mph or above...

I threw different tires on there and had the same shake. I had both the axle shafts out when I did the hubs, and the u-joints seemed fine.. no visual wear or extra slack...

I guess I should probably just replace those u-joints anyway...Why not? I've already replaced half the damn parts on the thing. Will a badly worn hub damage the u-joint on that side as well?

Really? The rear shaft being out of balance or having joint issues will cause a vibration in the front?

I guess I should just start replacing all the parts I knew I'd have to eventually. Big fun

Vibrations can sometimes be deceiving as to which end they are coming from. You did say it got worse when you removed the front driveshaft, so just throwing some ideas out there.

Have you checked the front pinion bearings for any lateral play?

I haven't checked the front pinion bearings for lateral play...not quite sure how to do that.

What actually got worse when the front drive-shaft was off was the noise and vibration in the cab. When I replaced the front hub assemblies both the noise and vibration went away...but the shaking at 55-60 seems to be the same with the shaft on or off.

Hmm.. I suppose I could throw some new motor mounts in..

If the mounts are the issue, shouldn't the shaking vary with RPM's? It shakes the same whether I'm pushing 3500 RPM's or my foot's not even on the gas... Shake just remains constant at 55mph or above...

When I drove the vehicle, the wobble started right about 52 mph and would get worse if you stayed at that speed, slow down or speed up and it went away. AND it would only do it while in a left turn... no I am not pulling your leg.

Nothing like rubber to really screw you up. So despite the fact that I tried a couple different set of tires (supposedly balanced) and had the same issue...

I had the original tires and wheels balanced, and low and behold... no more shaking.

Nothing like a bad rubber to ruin your day... HAH!

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys

Back