A question of morals

LadyJeepFreak said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I guess it's a fruitless question to ask how many of you have SEEN this MOVIE?

LOL

P.S. I know this one fabulous Lady Jeeper that is quite Deviant.

LJF,
No I haven't spent $9 seeing bareback mountain...

"I'll tell you what, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bull's arse, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."

Chris Farley from Tommy Boy.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sparky-Watts said:
I don't see anywhere in my post where I said I condone homosexual behavior. What am I supposed to do, join Fred Phelps' church in Topeka, stand on street corners outside churches each week and shout that "God Hates Fags"? Carry a ball bat and whack every gay I see upside the head? How is persecuting them the same as not condoning their behavior? By your post, if I accept it as a part of life, and leave them to their rights as Americans to do what they want in the privacy of their own home, then I am condoning their behavior. No, I am not. I simply see no way that I can prevent the gays from living their lifestyle short of persecution. As for the other sins I listed in the Bible, no I don't condone any of them either, but they are a part of life that I can't change.
WOW.
These may be of help...
Persecution - to harass in a manner designed to injure, grieve, or afflict; specifically : to cause to suffer because of belief

Condone - excuse, overlook, or make allowances for; be lenient with; "excuse someone's behavior".

I never implied insulting them would be appropriate. Nor did I ever imply violence would be an answer either. I don't hate (well except for the Yankees and the Steelers :twisted: ). As far as persecution goes, that's ridiculous. All I said is that if you believe it to be wrong, then don't condone it. Condone defined above. Not condoneing something does not mean to act against or even speak out against. It means to not acc... oh heck read the definition :roll:

Sparky-Watts said:
there are tons of pieces of scientific literature out there pointing out a predisposition at the genetic level to being gay. I could wear out my little clicky finger posting links
All I want is one concrete scientific proof that it is more than just theory. That's all. I wouldn't ask you to get carpal tunnel syndrome over it, I'm just looking for the info. I have not been able to find it anywhere so your help would be greatly appreciated.

TwistedCopper said:
WOW.
These may be of help...
Persecution - to harass in a manner designed to injure, grieve, or afflict; specifically : to cause to suffer because of belief

Condone - excuse, overlook, or make allowances for; be lenient with; "excuse someone's behavior".

I never implied insulting them would be appropriate. Nor did I ever imply violence would be an answer either. I don't hate (well except for the Yankees and the Steelers :twisted: ). As far as persecution goes, that's ridiculous. All I said is that if you believe it to be wrong, then don't condone it. Condone defined above. Not condoneing something does not mean to act against or even speak out against. It means to not acc... oh heck read the definition :roll:

All I want is one concrete scientific proof that it is more than just theory. That's all. I wouldn't ask you to get carpal tunnel syndrome over it, I'm just looking for the info. I have not been able to find it anywhere so your help would be greatly appreciated.

Let me elaborate... By not condoning homosexuality:

If I see it on TV, I change the channel and will refrain from that network.

If I see it in public, I leave.

If there is a "gay" new movie out and someone refuses to show it, I commend him for his character.

If I see a bill that grants them special rights or priveledges, I vote against it.

I support political candidates that feel the way I do.

To further clarify, I would not insult, injure, or even make feel bad in any way someone who is said to be "gay". I do, however view them as sick, just as I would a pathalogical liar.

judge09 said:
Damn I have been with brunettes, blondes, and then I married a redhead...I think I am just confused :lol:

Naw, you're just tri-folicularly hue curious!:purple:

TwistedCopper said:
Let me elaborate... By not condoning homosexuality:

If I see it on TV, I change the channel and will refrain from that network.

Hmmm....sounds like overlooking to me.

TwistedCopper said:
If I see it in public, I leave.

Hmmm....sounds a lot like overlooking again.

WOW!

TwistedCopper said:

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot who I was talking to. If you say it doesn't exist, then I'm sure it doesn't. Thanks for setting me straight again. How foolish of me. I guess this discussion is over. Now, do you want to write to the AMA and tell them they're wrong, or should I? Stupid doctors, sheesh!

Ok, I have to retrac one of my postings, I thought the name of the movie was bareback mountain. Seriously.

And another thing, I am not a homophobe, but couldn't they have came up with a more discreet name for the movie, or was this intentional. LOL
OOOPs! KJ

I think the guy has a right not to show it...it's his business. Viewers also have a right to go elsewhere if they really want to see it. As for me, I couldn't think of a movie that I have less of a desire to see than this. Sooooooo whatever. :roll:

As for the subject of homosexuality, I don't agree with it and i don't think its right BUT I'm not a homophobe BUT I don't like it being pushed on me either.

As a self check, I will also say as some others already have...yes, homosexuality is a sin in the Bible. Very true. So is murder, adultery, coveting, etc. This begs the question: Do you feel any moral repulsion whatsoever when you watch a movie about adultery, murder, etc. or do you chock it up to entertainment?

I'm not making any implications or assertions here nor am I asking that you provide an answer...just highlighting a point that some of you (us) may want to ponder.

While we tend to have a social acceptability scale for sins, the Bible makes it pretty clear that the way God sees it, a sin is sin is sin. In this view, an adulterer is no more or less of a sinner than a homosexual. So, it would also behove many people do think about the implications of this if they do, in fact, use the Bible or religion as their moral basis for being against homosexuality. How did you treat/act around that person you knew who was cheating on their spouse? Is it similar to the way you would have reated/acted around a homosexual? If not, why? Just offering a few more questions to ponder.

Special_K said:
As a self check, I will also say as some others already have...yes, homosexuality is a sin in the Bible. Very true. So is murder, adultery, coveting, etc. This begs the question: Do you feel any moral repulsion whatsoever when you watch a movie about adultery, murder, etc. or do you chock it up to entertainment?

I'm not making any implications or assertions here nor am I asking that you provide an answer...just highlighting a point that some of you (us) may want to ponder.

While we tend to have a social acceptability scale for sins, the Bible makes it pretty clear that the way God sees it, a sin is sin is sin. In this view, an adulterer is no more or less of a sinner than a homosexual. So, it would also behove many people do think about the implications of this if they do, in fact, use the Bible or religion as their moral basis for being against homosexuality. How did you treat/act around that person you knew who was cheating on their spouse? Is it similar to the way you would have reated/acted around a homosexual? If not, why? Just offering a few more questions to ponder.

Amen. Someone earlier made the statement about God being so disdainful of homosexuality that he killed everyone in the towns of Sodom and Gamorreh(sp). It was so much more than just the homosexual behavior that led to their demise, it was a rash of sinful behavior and much more. There are some hypocrites on this board who have in the past said how much they enjoyed movies and shows about other sinful behavior, but will not condone this one because it is a show about sinful behavior. You said it right, Special K, a sin is a sin is a sin.

Sparky-Watts said:
Someone earlier made the statement about God being so disdainful of homosexuality that he killed everyone in the towns of Sodom and Gamorreh(sp). It was so much more than just the homosexual behavior that led to their demise, it was a rash of sinful behavior and much more....

Jud 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Fornication is sin of a sexual nature. Any sexual relation outside of wedlock.
Where is the mention here of "rash of sinful behavior and much more"?
Strange Flesh again is a sexual deviation. It says above that these sins were made an example of.

When the two angels came to Lot's home to warn of the coming destruction, the townspeople tryed to break down the door to get to them so they could do the very thing that brought the destruction.

A resonable person could not overlook the "special" distaste God has for this behavior.

Special_K said:

I know you were not asking anyone to answer, but I feel I should...

My answer is that it depends how that sin is portrayed.

I watch movies all the time. You can't help but to see stuff like that in movies, but there is a difference. Brokeback Mountain glorifies homosexuality, and from what I understand has some pretty disturbing scenes. That kind of stuff, I avoid. I also would avoid a movie if I heard it to be full of sexual content, an over-abundance of cursing, or glorifying something like one of the things you mentioned. To contain some of it in a film is one thing, to glorify it is another. There is a fine line, and many times we end up watching a movie and regret it. I am sure we pass some up that aren't too bad as well.

I'm not saying I don't watch any movie with anything questionable, but sometimes it is obvious when a movie should be avoided and Brokeback mtn is one of those.

Sparky, the cold hard truth is the genetic thing is that it is, in fact, just a theory. Apparently you've heard it enough to believe it, but your claims to have read it to be fact ot truth are unfounded. The main reason I have called you on that is because it is portrayed as scientific fact in the media, and from what I understand in many schools and I'm disturbed that so many people beleive that lie. This is called indoctrination folks.

Last edited:
LadyJeepFreak said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I guess it's a fruitless question to ask how many of you have SEEN this MOVIE?

LOL

P.S. I know this one fabulous Lady Jeeper that is quite Deviant.

LOL. And there is the most important question of the thread.

The assumptions are that the movie "Promotes" homosexuality, yet nobody has seen it. Why is it that it promotes? By virtue of being a story about gay people.

I haven't seen it, and nor will I. Not because I have anything against gay people, but because it has cowboys in the movie.

Nothing disgusts me more than cowboys. And I will NOT support a movie that promotes the "Cowboy lifestyle".

I don't care what anybody says...being a cowboy is a sin in my book.

It's okay if you where your cowboy hats, your Dallas cowboy jackets, your cowboy boots, rope steer, and drop hammer on livestock. It's none of my business. But please do it in the privacy of your own home. I just don't want you to push your lifestyle on me, by flaunting it in my face in a movie.

It's just gross and unnatural.

If Rodeo is on TV, I turn the Channel.
If people are line dancing, I leave.
If I see someone wearing chaps, I turn my head.
If I see a bill that grants them special rights or priveledges, I vote against it.

You people have it all wrong. You need not be offended by the homosexuality in this movie, but the disgusting, sinful, jackasses in this movie that are COWBOYS.

Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on them, being a cowboy is a disorder, like alcoholism, obesity or periodontal disease.

i'd rather be a cowboy than wear a dallas cowboys jacket.

I dunno, some people like tacos and some people like burritos, why should I care.

If it's your movie theater then show whatever blows your skirt up.

If you're gay, you're gay; you're not un-gay because you choose to not live a straight lifestyle. If other's perception equals reality then I'm buying a Yacht and gettin rich at the same time.

If you're not gay, you'll never be a recruit for the pink army, it just doesnt work that way.

Gay bars make the best Tom Collins'

Statistically i'm sure that straight people commit just as much sodomy as gay people do. In fact in this months Glamour it says that 32 percent of women have had relations in a very uncomfortable place by the age of 24, and we're not talking about the back seat of a Volkswagen. :lol:

TwistedCopper said:
To further clarify, I would not insult, injure, or even make feel bad in any way someone who is said to be "gay". I do, however view them as sick, just as I would a pathalogical liar.

Oh, I see...so you're saying it is a sickness. A psychological problem. Something that may very well have been ingrained in their genetic code. Interesting.

TwistedCopper said:
Sparky, the cold hard truth is the genetic thing is that it is, in fact, just a theory. Apparently you've heard it enough to believe it, but your claims to have read it to be fact ot truth are unfounded. The main reason I have called you on that is because it is portrayed as scientific fact in the media, and from what I understand in many schools and I'm disturbed that so many people beleive that lie. This is called indoctrination folks.

Oh, no. I totally disagree with this. So now you're saying I've been brainwashed by the liberal media? Right. That is simply an insult to my intelligence for you to assume I've been "indoctrinated". Your claims that I am propagating a lie are unfounded and apparently you've told yourself that so many times now that you believe it to be truth, when in fact, it's only a theory that you want to be truth. That ball bounces both ways. Sounds like something the conservative, narrow-minded Bible-thumpers would say to try to brainwash us open-minded educated liberals. Everything they don't want to believe is immediately a conspiratory lie, spread by the liberal media. That's just sad that so many people can be so narrow-minded to believe that conservative diatribe. To me, that is a sickness, just like paranoid schizzophrenia or chronic ignorance.

Where is your "concrete proof" that what I am saying isn't true? Can you show me one solid, scientific piece of evidence that proves that homosexuality isn't a genetic trait? Didn't think so. Where is your solid proof that this is a lie? Expand your mind, expand your vocabulary, and expand your reading, TC. It's there, and it's not a lie.

mingez said:
LOL. And there is the most important question of the thread.

The assumptions are that the movie "Promotes" homosexuality, yet nobody has seen it. Why is it that it promotes? By virtue of being a story about gay people.

Oh, you mean they don't flash subliminal images of homosexual acts with slogans like "Uncle Bruce Wants You"? No commercials giving a two-for-one limited time offer to join the Pink Army? No armed guards at the door refusing to let any woman leave until they vow to wear flannel and hiking boots? How the hell are they supposed to promote homosexuality without handing out turtleneck sweaters and slip-on loafers to the men?:?

As for the rest of your post:

:mad: :funny: :rofl: :grin: :beer: :purple: :lol:

Sparky-Watts said:
Oh, no. I totally disagree with this. So now you're saying I've been brainwashed by the liberal media? Right. That is simply an insult to my intelligence for you to assume I've been "indoctrinated". Your claims that I am propagating a lie are unfounded and apparently you've told yourself that so many times now that you believe it to be truth, when in fact, it's only a theory that you want to be truth. That ball bounces both ways. Sounds like something the conservative, narrow-minded Bible-thumpers would say to try to brainwash us open-minded educated liberals. Everything they don't want to believe is immediately a conspiratory lie, spread by the liberal media. That's just sad that so many people can be so narrow-minded to believe that conservative diatribe. To me, that is a sickness, just like paranoid schizzophrenia or chronic ignorance.
No, I didn't say brainwashed. I said indoctrinated. Don't take offense, Sparky, it's not your fault. You just need to expand your sources of information a little. This leads me to my next point...

Sparky-Watts said:
As for the second post, yes, there are tons of pieces of scientific literature out there pointing out a predisposition at the genetic level to being gay. I could wear out my little clicky finger posting links

Sparky-Watts said:
Where is your "concrete proof" that what I am saying isn't true? Can you show me one solid, scientific piece of evidence that proves that homosexuality isn't a genetic trait? Didn't think so. Where is your solid proof that this is a lie? Expand your mind, expand your vocabulary, and expand your reading, TC. It's there, and it's not a lie.
Okay, so you will not divulge the plethora of scientific proof and articles of support for your claim of "genetic" homosexuality. I have contemplated how best to show in an un-biased manner what you ask for: Proof that what you claim to be scientific fact is merely theory. Well as you said we can post links all day long, so I figure it best to go to Google and search the keywords "homosexuality" and "genetic" together. Digging through several of the 661,000 English pages found in that search, I could not find one single article supporting what you wrote. I did, however find several articles disproving it. If it makes you feel any better I did find some articles in support of the "Theory", and a couple were doing research with "HOPES" to find evidence.

So, there you go. My proof is in two ways:
1. Articles supporting my arguement
2. Nothing supporting yours

See for yourself:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=homosexuality+genetic+&btnG=Google+Search
:spank:

Last edited:
TwistedCopper said:
...BUT...
...let's say for the sake of arguement that sexual perversions are some sort genetic (or any other) defect. Would this apply to all sexual deviants, or is homosexuality curiously unique to this theory? I think you know what I am getting at... This theory would leave pedephilia, beastiality, and the like open to the same arguement. Saying a gay is gay because he was born that way sounds nice, sounds diplomatic. Saying a child molester was just born that way and we should live and let live... well that is unsettling.

I guess this doesn't need to be answered now, eh?

Back