A Two Jeep family?!

outerbeachyj

We love our 95 YJ and now my wife wants to buy a Grand Cherokee as our regular car is dying. It will be her DD and we are looking at 1999 and newer (rounded body style). We are going to keep the new Jeep stock as the YJ will remain our off road rig. I know these are known for having lots of electrical problems. Is there anything else I should be aware of when considering a Grand Cherokee? We are thinking the 8 cy, perhaps Limited if we can find a deal on one with less than 50K miles. Anyone know when they plan on changing the body style again? I know this is the best place for advice, thanks in advance for your help everyone. :)

'99+ is the WJ, sweet looking Grand, especially the limited.

I've seen pictures of the next Grand, I'll bet it's going to be an '05 model available late 2004.

Have heard there were problems with the 1999 model year with the shifting, starting, stalling and other problems. There is a good write up of it on edmunds.com They do a long term ownership and if I recall they had a 1999 in their fleet for 2 years. The specific url is http://edmunds.com/used/1999/jeep/g... informative I thought. Best of luck Kellen

bounty hunter is right... the brand new grand cherokees will be available late this year, and they are an entire re-design (including a HEMI option, larger interior with available 3rd seating, etc.). the grands that are out there right now are sweet too though... just make sure you stick with a V8.

Hey all,

Thanks for the advice. We ended up finding a great deal on another SUV, I am afraid to tell you all what it is, (Made In Japan) but it is a nice ride! We are picking it up from the dealership tonignt, I have never driven a new car off a lot before!!! We still have our YJ and are continuing to Build It. :D

Back