? about retreaded tires, for my TJ

TJorbust

Anyone ever run retreads on there jeep before? I can get retreaded 31X10.5's for $60 bucks apiece, from a local tire shop. A few guys i know run nothing but recaps on there cars all the time with little troubles. My P225/75's are really ready to be swapped out, and im low on the funds for a good set of 31's. :???::?|

Only problem i have ever seen with any recap is if the tire gets to hot it will fall apart,not sure about you but my jeep will not go fast enough to heat up the tire to the point that it melts the glue.Other than that i run them on my jeep and most 18 wheelers run recaps,think about all the miles they drive with all that weight.

If you don't mind a little smaller tires( 29") i just bought a brand new set of 235/75/15 Goodyear wrangler at walmart for $52 a tire.

Only problem i have ever seen with any recap is if the tire gets to hot it will fall apart,not sure about you but my jeep will not go fast enough to heat up the tire to the point that it melts the glue.Other than that i run them on my jeep and most 18 wheelers run recaps,think about all the miles they drive with all that weight.
A good point, and well taken because i do drive an 18 wheeler, and my company does run recaps on the trailers. I guess i was hoping that somebody would weigh in, on how they ballance so they dont shimmy or shake going down the road. A guy i work with feels that the bigger and widder the tire, the harder they are to get ballanced.

If you don't mind a little smaller tires( 29") i just bought a brand new set of 235/75/15 Goodyear wrangler at walmart for $52 a tire.
Yeah the P225/75/60 Wrangler GSA's (28") look like car tires to me, when i park next to another jeep at work that has 31's on it. His is an older TJ with the 2.5 and auto, and it looks much more stout than mine does. :shades:

Never had a problem with balancing them, they were true in every respect. I ran a MT tread pattern, both onroad and off.

Never had a problem with balancing them, they were true in every respect. I ran a MT tread pattern, both onroad and off.
I here you there, i'll probly try out the 31's for now, on my stock suspension. And when i can shoot for some gears, and a BB, i'll probly try some 32's or maybee 33's. :idea:

Back