Advice Wanted

Rebel_Frontier

Once again hello all!

I have a 98' TJ wrangler Sport with almost 250,XXX miles. Just wanted to ask the good ol' jeep community if you all have any recommendations on what else I should switch out or upgrade. Lemme give you a list of what has been done too it.

Dropped engine pulled from 99 Cherokee
Rebuilt Transmission
New Radiator
New Alternator
New Top and Bottom Radiator Hoses
New TPS and CPS
New cables and plugs
Semi New Timing belt
New Distributor and Rotor
New Battery
New Borla muffler
New brakes and brake rotors

That's pretty much it, everything else believe it or not is pretty much factory. Yesterday I was replacing my TPS when I thought I should ask this question here. Maybe you guys can give me some insight on what should be changed out because she does have a lot of miles. Thanks!

Edit*: Of course the engine has new gaskets and freeze plugs and such.

Last edited:

I'm big on changing fluids. I would change the lube in the axles, transmission, t-case, and axles every 30,000 miles, assuming you don't drive it underwater once in a while and do that anyway. Lotta people don't think about the t-case, it takes ATF, but after 30k it will look like tar.

I'm big on changing fluids. I would change the lube in the axles, transmission, t-case, and axles every 30,000 miles, assuming you don't drive it underwater once in a while and do that anyway. Lotta people don't think about the t-case, it takes ATF, but after 30k it will look like tar.

You said axles twice ^.^ lol. Sounds like a good idea. I don't think that's ever been done to this jeep haha

Clean your TB and IAC plus your battery posts, connectors and the other sides of the ground terminals. Clean by lightly sanding to a polish.

Clean the carbon off the valves with either water method to sea foam.

Back