Ahhh The Rain

New Jeep Girl

I am by far the luckiest girl in the world because my boyfriend just bought me a jeep. It has a hard top and of course the first week it hits 70 we take it off (a little heavier then everyone made it out to be), and of course while I am at a party the skys open up and it pours. :?| I had the bikini top on, and I dont mind that I got wet, hell its half the fun of owning one, I am just a little worried that the smell will come. What should I do now? I opened the drain plugs and have done my best to get most the water out but the sky is cloudy and the is no sun to help. What is the best carpet cleaner to use? Is there something i should put on the carpets to kill the mildew? I would hate to take out the carpets for the summer.

Oh yeah I wanted to ask if anyone knows where i can custom order cloth tire covers. I happen to be a Star Wars fan and I really want to try and get one made with a Stormtrooper on it. Yes I know, I am a nerd, but you gotta love it!

THANKS!:rolleyes:

Welcome to Jeepz, and to the world of Jeeps. Make sure you leave the top off and let it air/dry out really thorough. The carpet shouldnt smell unless you dump it into a pond or something similar (as someone here did if I remember correctly!). My Jeep gets wet all the time here.

I don't have a carpeted jeep, so I'm going only on intuition here, but isn't rust a concern in this situation? I'd want to remove the carpeting as quick as possible to let everything dry out. You can then replace the carpeting later, if you'd like. Personally, I'd leave it out and either go with bare metal or a spray/roll-in bedliner.

top... the top doesnt go back on until fall. That thing is heavy! Thanks for the info i feel better about it. Yes I love my jeep, by far the best thing ever!

Welcome to Jeepz.

Don't worry about the carpet, it'll dry out fine - Jeeps get rained in all the time.

Belated welcome to the "Z"!!!! Yeah, it sucks when everything gets wet......but.......isn't that why you bought a Jeep?!?!?!?! People that want to be dry all the time and comfy and a nice smooth ride, etc, etc, buy Camry's and Impala's and "SUV's", etc, etc........and they complain when they don't have smooth asphalt. WE.....on the other hand...........well, what can you say - we're a strange bunch.

Enjoy the ride!!!!!

I don't have a carpeted jeep, so I'm going only on intuition here, but isn't rust a concern in this situation? I'd want to remove the carpeting as quick as possible to let everything dry out. You can then replace the carpeting later, if you'd like. Personally, I'd leave it out and either go with bare metal or a spray/roll-in bedliner.

:agree:

Having had CJ's also, I like being able to hose them out.

Btw...Welcome to Jeepz! And the Jeep addiction!! :lol:

Try to get something under the carpet edges to prop it up and allow air to dry it completely.

If you're going to put the top and doors back on, consider buying a container of Damp-Rid from Walmart or similar store. It will absorb moisture from the carpet, will work better if you close the windows with the damprid inside.

I thought that is how a real jeeper cleans the carpet...Remove top, add soap, let it get rained on, a little scrubbing, pull the plugs to rinse and line dry?

maybe i take my carpet out of the cherokee paint the floor and put metal
mats looks good too
The floor is always whet after rain maybe a door seal leak? dont now.
I am scared of rust problems, live in europe Nederland.
Is this a stupid thing to do wil be noisy i tink.

Back