air cleaner

kosmo

all I hear is K & N filters will somebody give me the low down. Something about you can wash them to clean them... is this true where do I get one.

Next question. I have a 79 cj5 with the 304. I have the stock air cleaner(thing that holds the filter..so I dont know what its called) anyways I take out my air cleaner and pull the thing that holds it off and there is about a half a quart of oil in it. I clean it out and then in about a month there is another half quart of oil in it. There is a tube that runs from my oil cap to this and there is a filter just inside ny the air cleaner. When I replace this filter it just makes the oil cleaner in the "thing" Can I just by a cap with no tube on it or plug the tube? long story for little question sorry:)
image-missing.png
: [addsig]

That right there sounds like your PCV filter.

There should be a little square filter INSIDE your filter pan where it connects which will need to be cleaned every once in a while. If there is no filter in there then that could be your problem.

I know when I bought my CJ7, the previous owner had it completely disconnected and it COATED the engine bay with greasy slugde and really smelled bad.

One idea that i have heard passed around is that you can buy little "baby filters" that you can just connect directly to this hose and it will do just fine. I woulnt recommend plugging

Back to the K&N filter, yes they are re-usable filters that you can clean yourself.

Most auto parts stores will carry K&N filters plus the cleaning kits.

If not, they have a website: http://www.knfilters.com/

hope that helps a little
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back