Air Tank Question

warrior

Got a question about a air tank. I got a air tank that used to be a air pack tank at the fire department. It is suspose to hold around 2000 psi. Does anyone know how to maybe convert it to a air tank to carry in the jeep? The tank has the valve still in it and it holds air just out of specs for the fire dept. I dont know if this is even possable or not but thought i would check and see if anyone know how to do it.
Thanks
Warrior

it is very possible... find some fittings to adapt the valve to a standard air fitting... if there are any more ports you need to plug... either weld them or plug them with bolts or plugs

go to the plumbing department at your local Home Depot or Lowes or what ever, and get all the fittings you need in order to get the two to mate up. If you adding this to a OBA set up, 2000 psi is way more than you will ever need. The tank I use is only rated at 270 psi.

Use that tank for Co2 and not compressed air. It'll last a lot longer than air and is relatively cheap to fill. Check out www.powertank.com for more info.

You may be able to use the regulator you have if it'll flow enough and handle the cold. If not look HERE:twisted:

i have a scuba tank i was thinking of using. it hold 80 cu ft @ 3000 psi. i was wondering if i would need a regulator or not. and that only cost 5 bucks to fill up at the scuba shop.

Back