Alignment specs different after lift?

y2kxj

Now that I have the new tires I took the XJ in for an alignment. The guy at Midas told me that since I lifted it that I would have to call the place where the lift kit came from and get the new alignment specs. He said he would then compare the factory specs to the new specs and go from there. Is this normal? What needs to be done during the alignment? I have an OME 2-1/2" lift with an extra 1" in the rear. 255 BFG A/T's

I would opt for a second opinion. What year is your jeep? It depends on what all is adjustable on yours. It may just need a toe set, $29.99 at any Firestone. If you have another front end shop in your town, try checking with them. A good, old time front end guy can get your Jeep fixed up with out asking you for a bunch of info, I'll bet.

It's a 2000. I was under the impression that it would be pretty simple to align since the lift was under 3". I installed a transfer case drop to correct the driveline angle. The ride is now amazining over factory. I just don't want to ruin the new tires.

Any "good" alignment shops with a newer setup should be able to get the specs on it for you. I would take it to a place where big trucks get aligned, they might be able to help you.

i have always set the tow in a little bit since the tires are bigger and they tend to put outwards, thats what i was told by a few ppl it will make driving on the street a little better

Use the factory specs, as the toe and the caster will need to be set after the lift.

Use factory specs as you will want the same handling as when it was stock. Whomever said you need different specs for a lift should not be doing alignments.

Back