alright, hellcreek, rubicon express, or bds lift??????

muddcakedmaniac

RE: Re: I just ordered a new top and was wondering

I cant choose! i have heard good and bad about the hellcreek. Like the springs and shocks suck a$$. But what about rubicon express and BDS? I am looking to run a 4'' lift on my 87 yj. And another thing im looking for is this fender armor ? it is like the stainless steel side panels you can get but it is for the fenders. If you look at www.4wd.com they have them in diamond plate but i want it in stainless steel cause thats what the rest of my jeep is in. Oh yea and while im hear ill just ask 1 more thing. I found trhis really nice front bumper but i cant find one to match it for the rear. i found these rear bumper brakets the make it possible to mount the front one on the rear. That is what i plan to do unless anyone out there has any better ideas???¿¿ Alright , thanks for listening :)

RE: Re: RE: Extra Gas tank

I've heard that bds is great, but the extreme duty rubicon express kits might be a little bit better. But then again the only aftermarket suspension i've run is rancho, so I don't have much experience with bds and re.

I like the Rancho and Skyjacker myself. I have heard good things on the BDS as well. They have a military wrap and are lifetime guaranteed. I have heard no complaints on how they ride. I know the Rancho and Skyjackers will settle over time.
I would suggest the BDS springs with a set of Rancho RS9000 shocks. Check www.windrockoffroad.com for prices. If you catch them at the right time, Rancho has an annual buy 3 get one free deal on shocks.

The rubicon express kits are nice! Really well made stuff that works like it should. They handle good on road and are even better off. I dont have any experience with BDS, but I have never heard any complaints about them.

I bought my 2.5" CJ kit from hell creek. I had heard they made their own springs, but when it showed up, it was rough country. My advice would be if you don't want rough country, make the call and ask the question before you buy. A 4" YJ kit is different from a 2.5" CJ kit, but the website did not call mine rough country either.

Back