Angry sparrows

Midnightsecurity

Ok so I have a question, I have a 99tj, with angry sparrow issues, is there a cv joint TC side of front drive shaft? And is this the area causing the noise? or could it be bad u joints?

It's most likely the CV joint on the transfer case end of the front driveshaft. Best to remove the front driveshaft and have a shop service the CV joint.

If ignored, the CV joint will let go and destroy the transfer case.

Mine is doing the same. There is a double cardan TC side on your front DS. Typically its the centering ball part of the double cardan. Bad grease boot or mud seeped in, whatever. Stu olsen has a great write up on his site on how to rebuild your double cardan. Also, for much quicker results on the forum, usually a question has been asked and answered comprehensibly and the search bar is a great way to find these.

Last edited:

Thanks, tried searching this issue with iPhone app...couldn't find what I needed

This isn't a double U joint? This is what my dealer is telling me at least...but I'd rather take advise from experiences wrench hands then a young kid behind a computer lol

Back