Another busted axle housing!!!!!

HiHood

This time on the Dodge Ram again. I HATE THAT!!:cry: (this is the THIRD one)

Of all the dirty @#Fu*#@% gawl DA#@*%:bomb:

I'll NEVER get my Willys back together like this!! :cry:

Last edited:
hood you sound like me every time I get few bucks for the flatie another vehicle breaks down and eats my few pennys your not alone trust me

It's a two wheelly. I did all three just driving in and out of my property. If you know rural living . . . I live PAST that out on the open desert. 25 miles to pavement. 50 miles round trip to get my mail. But not with a broken axle housing.

I'll be drilling out the plugs and welding the tubes in. (last time broke on the opposite side) so maybe ONE can be had of the two.

Beer? What's that! I'm waddur haulin desert trash, can't afford no beer.

Check out the broken axles

Attachments

• Broke with a broken axle 003.JPG
    Broke with a broken axle 003.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 5,576
  • Broke with a broken axle 010.JPG
    Broke with a broken axle 010.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,478

OR, slow the crap down when hauling 500 gallons of water over ruts !!! :D I would suggest 485 gallons of water, and a pony keg.:beer:

Yeah, Mikey, trusses and gussets is what we're thinking here too. We were thinking of removing the tube from busted housing #1 driver side and installing it on busted housing #2 as they busted on different sides. Theres two plugs holding them in. If it don't work I'll have to buy another housing like before.

Bob, I DO slow down for the ruts cause when you go sideways to miss them with that much load , you bust the bead, causing the RIM to dig in the dirt and roll ya over and over and spilling all your waddur. We all know that's the most importunt thing in the dezzerd . . .WADDUR.:shades:

Man, my Uncle had to haul water for YEARS until the county ran it down the road. Funny thing was, he lived about 1/8 mile froma decent creek. The well water was WAY to funky to drink. Dogs didn't even like it, only good for the garden.

There's no creek but there is a spring about 15 miles. I go about 7 miles to a well, dump my quarters and filler up. I have a 3500 gal tank and a tote tank 275 gals. :) Just got on the grid in 07.

Used used to go out to the local water-works in winter, at night, and put in our 75 cents and turn that puppy on into the parking lot to release about 500 or so gallons. Then in a couple hours and we had a pretty cool lot to to doughnuts in. That lasted 1 winter, then they put a lock on it and gave a key to only the people that "had a reasonable use for the water". Stupid kids, man that was fun.

I'm thinking of starting a new buisness called BABA

It's an acronym for Busted Axle Boat Anchors:shades:

It seems like that you will still have an endless busted axles looking for water eh?:D

looks like a typical 1500 dodge rear axle. JK

Doesn't the 2wd only have a 8.25 rear?

after you re-tube, weld the tube to the cast housing with some nickle rod and maybe a simple truss will help with the axle deflection. did it also eat the shaft?

It's back together now, it should be OK until I can get a housing. Out of the three trucks I own, the Nissan busted one at about 65K and this Dodge busted two. They seem to last on the Dodge about 100K. The problem is that this Dodge has 240K+ on the motor and I'm wondering when is it time to say OK I think I MAY of gotten my money's worth out of this one. Or is it time to get the axle housing gusset and truss the dog do out of it, put another 4.7L on it and drive it another couple hundred K. I am at this crossroad now.

Back