Another noise question about my YJ, clutch pedal this time

laneiac

The clutch pedal has a little loose play in it before the clutch pedal begins to build pressure. I can just barely touch my foot to it and it goes in about 1/2 to 1 inch before I feel pressure. Its so loose that it bounces around over any little bump and rattles like crazy. Driving me bonkers. Is there any way I can tighten this up? It has also happened to my gals YJ. I replaced the clutch this last winter and it seemed to develop about a month ago. Again, very annoying. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks

if we're talking yj or tj, then you're gonna have to bleed it... if older then you'll have to adjust the linkage

Might be a master cylinder problem. I had the same exact problems and I replaced the master cylinder/slave cylinder. No problems after that.

I just did her slave/master/clutch, doing the same thing as mine. But I suppose with my luck hers could go bad again...

The clutch slave piston could be dirty, preventing the clutch fork from pushing the clutch slave piston back in after releasing the clutch. Pull the clutch slave off, and remove the piston and rubber boot. Look into the piston and clean if necessary.

Yes, I have a 95 also, same problem!
You can just drive around with your foot under your peddle to stop the rattle!! :lol:

Back