Anyone ever used these tires?

beachjeep

I finally sold my chrome wheels and 31's today - I already have my black rockcrawler 15x8 wheels and need some 33's. I had to drive home with 5 inches of lift and 235's. It was quite embarrassing.

Went to a local tire shop today and the guy tried to sell me some 33x12.50x15 AT - Winston Winnner brand tires. 4 installed for 475.00.

He also said that they were made by Kelly tires. Has anyone used these or know anyone with experience with them. The other tire Im really looking at is the same size - but the Dunlop Mudrover.

Never heard of the tire but for the price thats not a bad deal.

I've heard of the Dunlop Mudrover, but not the other one. Most generic MT's are very similar and handle/wear about the same. They're a great bargain.

Check out the Kuhmo MT, it seems to be the favorite generic tire choice for a MT.

Bounty,
How come you didn't throw the LTB on him? Are you slipping?
I saw a set of 33 LTB's running on an FJ55 wagon this weekend. I was impressed. It looks like a hybrid TSL/IROK.

ive heard of those tires, theyre just a generic brand tire, theres lots of them out there, i think theres even one called gilette, my mud rovers are nice tires, i dont kno how they wear, but for $102 each off of www.tirerack.com theyre not a bad tire at all.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Radial+Mud+Rover

thats the link to the mud rovers, just click sizes and pricing at the top left

o and about the khumo mt's they have a much smaller tread block pattern, i would definatley choose the dunlops over the khumo's because of the way the sidewall lugs are formed and the center pattern has a little more void with larger lug sizes. although the khumo's do have sipes in them. its all a matter of preference, if you want to sipe the mud rovers get a circular saw and set the blade depth to just above the casing :D

I thought he wanted radial MT's, but I'm probably slipping ;)

My next swamper will be the TSL/SX again or the Special Service Swamper with 27/32" tread.

I love the TSL SX, they just don't make them big enough for me. I had a set of 38.5's that were awesome. I think they would be great in a 40" and 42".

Back