Ax-15 Clutch Question

pinaplebob

Hello All, after my last wheeling trip it became clear to me that I am going to need a clutch. I'm fairly certain after 40K of hard miles it's time for a new one.

MY question is what is a good clutch brand? Ive heard people talk about different brands, but I'm looking for a good recommendation of something that will hold out for a while. I am 100 percent against going with something from autozone or NAPA on something so important.

The Jeep is strictly for off-roading, as it's rusted out and has been replaced by a newer one. It will see little to no on-road miles. The majority of terrain out here in the state of IL. is mud, so it will not exactly live the greatest life.

Also, any tips or upgrades or repairs that should be made while I'm doing this? I'm already planning on replacing the rear main while i've got it all apart.

thanks for the advice

I know nothin of clutches..... but. I had a question. Why are you replacing it? Did it go out? Ive only seen one go and it was on the highway in a subaru. Just BOOM and smoke and no more going forward. No other previous warning signs. I guess my question is, what made you decide you were going to replace the clutch?

I've had my throwout bearing start leaking fluid on my ba 10/5 and stop working, vie burnt up a clutch disc in the mud before lol but vie heard good things about "zoom" brand, but performance clutch just from advance works just fine for me and I do some pretty hard wheeling lol

Back