Bit of news

Snitty

Well... the rust is killing me... I am not bothered by the way it looks, but I am bothered by the fact that it will spread... FAST... this last winter really made its mark on my body... and while talking to BBJ tonight... I am really thinking of a kelvar tub swap... it will cost a few bucks... but i'll never have to worry about rust again, and its some tough stuff... if not... i'll be cutting and welding to replace all that i can find... and it will still come back in other spots for sure... but if i do the metal replacement... we're getting bedliner inside and out.. i'm looking forward to that.

The rear tracbar is no longer functional... a few days ago, i started hearing some clanging in the back end... i looked under and didn't see anything... but when a friend jumped up and down on the bumper... i could see a crack in the upper mount for the tracbar... i'm not yet sure whether to remove it completely, or to weld it up and keep it there.... I know the easier option... but the benefits of it removed may be the determining factor in removing it.

finally... I forgot to tell you guys... BigBlackJeep has been sold... the new owner was in love with it, and proudly wears a smile all around town... he had some problems with inspection.. with the homemade draglink, new shock mounts, missing tracbar, extended brakelines... a few things that are totally fine, but the shop didn't like that they were homemade. there were some rediculous things too... such as warn down fan blades and some other stupid things.... but he's on the road now... and Joe, the previous owner, who most of you have met, he's looking into a new project as soon as he is demobilized in the reserves... lets pray that he stays JEEP... even if not... i'm sure he'll be back around[addsig]

sorry to hear about the rust, one tip i might have is to coat the inside of your frame also so you dont do all that work, only to have it run inside out[addsig]

took it out about an hour ago... couldn't remove the bolt, and the cutting wheel broke... i felt like the hulk ripping that baby outta there... now there is just a mess of shredded metal under there.. i think i'll leave it[addsig]

Lose the rear track bar, I'm sure you already found there is no difference on the road.
Bounty....

Kind Sir, would that also be true for a TJ ?
just curious. thanks.[addsig]

thanks,,,
just wanted to make it CLEAR.

Removing the rear trac bar
is VERY MODEL SPECIFIC
modification...

Thanks for the 360.

[addsig]

That would make for a high class Tub. The rust is a horor story all it's own and hard to stop once it starts. If there is anyone around that will do the right thing to put a stop to it ai know you are in the running.

As for the rear track bar mine has been a sledge hammer and a tent peg puller and mostly in the way sence it came off. Best move I amde prior to lift and tires.

Glad to hear Big Black may be back befor long. He has been in our prayers here at our home front. Later on tug[addsig]

yeah... i have noticed a SMALL amount of difference on road... but certainly nothing i would ever worry about... in fact... it loosened up the ride a bit[addsig]

Back