Black ops wrangler. Nice.

Jester32

Has anyone seen the black ops wrangler. Looks pretty nice.

Attachments

• image-3434749788.jpg
    image-3434749788.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 895

looks like a regular black jk rubicon with a sticker on the side

$2000 extra for...

Based on the Wrangler's Rubicon trim, the Black Ops Edition features mineral gray alloy wheels wrapped in 32-inch off-road tires, Mopar taillamp guards, a Mopar fuel door, Call of Duty: Black Ops logos, an entirely blacked-out exterior and... that's it.

I think it looks OK if you're into blacking everything out (not my style). I'd rather spend the money on a rubicon and a professional tint job.

True. I just think its cool chrysler is getting out there and making something that apeals to everyone. I would rather get a bare bones jk and lock it. We see those front lockers blown up all tge time and the 44 they come with is very weak. Ive done six housings this year alone because tgey were bent.

And when you price out a wrangler tge rubi is like 12,000 grand more than a similar equipt sahara. And you dont get much for your money. Tires that most people change out in a week and a 44 frt diff with lockers. All other equipt skid plate. Etc is avail on even a base model.

and a 4.1 tcase with is only available in teh rubicon.

You can get the locker on in the rear on the other models, the front is not available.

The issue with the JK D44 front is not that it is weak, it, like almost every axle jeep has ever installed, only uses a couple rosett welds to hold the tubes into the carrier, the tube dimentions on the jk 44 are a true D44 tube dimention (as opposed to the tj 44 which used D30 tube dimentions) but the biggest issue I have been seeing is that the D30 outer castings are still being used on the jk44, since the center bore on the D44 is physically larger than the D30 and the Inner C does not have more material to compensate, axle tubes and castings are bending quite easily.

easy fix is to just gusset the inner castings to the tube and then solid weld the tube to the diff casting. I wheel with a guy who has 40's on his JK rubi and this is all he has done to the front (strength wise) and has yet to have a issue in about 2 years.

The new interior is nice for 2011. Still needs a hemi before i consider one though.

Re: picture of black ops Wrangler. If I wanted 4 door's I could of got a Hummer. Real Jeeps have two doors. Period.....

I dont agree with that. If i wanted something witg two doors i would drive my landcruiser. Cherokee is about only jeep i would own.

I should of said, Real Wranglers only have 2 doors. A 4 door Wrangler is, to me, an SUV.

Oh ok that makes sense to me as well. I was ok with the unlimited wrangler. Little longer with alot more room for my gear.

Yeah I liked the idea of the early unlimiteds. Wish I could have found one of those. I'm happy with my TJ sahara tho. No complaints

Ya i wanted one of them. I carry alot of gear im often in the bush a week at a time so i gotta be prepared i carry spare parts galore and all to tools to fix anything short of a transmission over haul lol.

I don't like the big star on the side. Or the black ops symbol. I'd rather have a sahara. But my opinion is forged on black ops (the actual game) not being as good as most people expected.

Back