BLEH!!!! Do you got it?

RenegadeChic77

flu
well its flu season here and everyone has it... there are only like 5 people in each class a day, and im afraid im getting it!! have you gotten it?

i havent... but i prolly will...i didnt get a shot... i HATE needles

I dont trust flu shots...
Its all a CIA conspiracy to steal our dna and make mutant super soldiers i tell ya!

I rarely get sick. Only missed maybe 5 days of work in the last 10 years but my wife talked me into getting a flu shot this year. Trying to protect the new baby and all. Although, this years shot isn't even for the strain of flu that's going around, so a fat lot of good that's going to do for us.

i had the flu, and was in the hospital from last tuesday-saturday. i'm just finshing my meds (2 more). for 10 pills, it cost almost $90. was only able to get them at a mom & pop drug store, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid all did not carry what i was perscribed by the hospital. i was really bad and i've got asthma so i needed to get nebulizer treatments every hour.

GET THE SHOT!!!!! i will from now on. i don't like needles or giving blood, but i was on "I/V" til friday, and they drew blood from me 3x's throughout my stay at the hospital.

Wife both kids and myself have been throug it. Let me tell you something if you aint got it do what ever you can to keep from getting it. It is the worst case of flu that I have ran into. tug

Those shots don't work as soon as they break the skin ya know. They don't work for 2 weeks so that's why your wife got sick. I got my shot a month ago and have been healthy since.

I havent gotten the flu shot.But....my sister is on the hospital with a 105.5 temp and my mom and other sister just got over it.I am not prone to sickness,I am not a sickly person.And this flu is bad, my sister in the hospital had her peak temp at 106!Her temp goes down and goes right back up.I want her to get well for christmas. :( Sully

I'm not a conspiracy theorist like Chinard, but I'm close.

Antibiotics have caused bacteria to mutate and strenghten at an amazing rate. What once used to be a red throat and a raspy cough now will knock you out of work for a few days to a week.

I think the flu shot is doing the same thing, but heck, they make the pharmacutical companies money, right?

Now when you get sick, you need antibiotics, and every year, you need a flu shot! Think about it - they are the biggest drug pushers on Earth!

Bad Scientists! Bad! Bad! Bad!

had it a couple weeks ago...absolutely horrible fever and chills.
4 days of %#$@ and another couple days to recover and get strength back. i quarantined myself after i knew i was exposed and luckily dont think i passed it on. I sincerely hope you all stay clear of it!

I get my flu shot every year, guess I qualify as a senior citizen. But I´ll tell ya, every time I get the shot, from a few days to a week later, I feel like ?&%$. Told the Doc, he says, it´s impossible for the shot to give you the Flu, he says you´ll just get some Flu like symptoms. What he hasn´t explained, is the difference between the Flu and the symptoms.
Had the Flu about five years back, turned into phnemonia, almost didn´t make it.
Get your Flu shot, if you can find it.

I get a flu shot every year (for the past four years) and have yet to get the flu. I work in education, (teacher) so I am around so many germs and virus' a day I need what ever I can get!

Ditto, got it Nov 18, wished I had just died, turned into full blown phnemonia. What a thanksgiving. And I am still battling it today. I rarely get sick, I never have gotten a flu shot, but I might now.

I wish you all well!!! Hegila hegila, kumbala kumbala. Hex hex hex!! Ooops that might of been the turn you into newt voo-doo?? :shock:

....though you might not get the flu as a newt..... just a thought... :lol:

i rarely use medication for anything... no pain medication, rarely use antibiotics, no digestive problems so i don't use that stuff, never dress for the winter, i own 2 pairs of pants, one for hunting, one for funerals, i wear shorts and a t-shirt year round... I experience an ear infection once every summer and stay good and well all year otherwise... peppers, garlic, onions, horseradish, and strong tasting/foul smelling foods are what i owe it to. I make sure to take in plenty of calcium along with a well nourished diet, keep active, keep a good mental edge, and that is all it takes for me

Yea I was going to chime in and say youre body needs to build up tolerance to the shot, but it takes 2 weeks, but that was already said. Also people try and say the shot gave them the flu, but unlike most vaccines the flu shot is NOT an active flu virus, so you cannot get it from that. I dont think you should be having symptoms from something that doesnt contain the flu.
I got my shot and then the next day everywhere ran out. And Im glad I did, its running rampant down here in CT. A local high school closed due to the fact the 300 kids (1/3 of the school) had the flu!!!! (the quote was actually in this weeks newsweek).

TwistedCopper said:
Antibiotics have caused bacteria to mutate and strenghten at an amazing rate. What once used to be a red throat and a raspy cough now will knock you out of work for a few days to a week.

Totally, people don't understand that you don't necessarily need to pop a pill if you get a cold. Down here you can get US penecillin across the border without a prescription for real cheap. People down here take antibiotics like it's dayquill...it's very irresponsible.

It's true, a new super-strain of something is coming... Beware! :?

Back