Carburetor to buy

Well, here is my modified sink...ha
I think it looks pretty impressive so far.
Now I just need an engine to put it on.

Attachments

• DSC00739.JPG
    DSC00739.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 40

It looks great.

I rode in a modified 4.6 with headers, straight pipes, cam, and stroked. It was like riding in a fast sports car. It would light the tires up on command (33-12.5-15) and got to 100mph by th end of the on ramp, it seemed like.

That's how I hope yours turns out, it was amazing to do that in a wrangler

I went out for a short lap yesterday, with a friend on his bike. When we parted, he hollered, light them up. It smoked till I let off of it. But I do have a set of oem size tires, so its easy to burn them. I suspect when the new motor is complete, it will be plumb scary.
Can't wait...

Yes, unfortunately it won't be soon enough, to me..
It is going to take three more week. He has another shop grinding my crank, then got to send it all to another shop to balance it. Then it will be quick to build and install.
Finally found my loping problem. Its the timing chain. I ordered another today.

dont be surprised if it still bucks, Mine has a brand new double roller timing chain on it and still does it. It may fix it but just saying, I limited my vac advance can to 10* and readjusted my carb yesterday because it was doing it the past few days, so far it hasn't done it, but I just went for a quick test drive.

I can turn my crank 20+ degrees before the rotor starts to turn. This is the original engine. The motor has never been worked on. The rings are going out, and the seals are shot. I just hope to keep it alive for a few more weeks, till the new engine is finished.
I figure when I get ready to rebuild this original engine, I will already have a new chain in it.

I kinda expect my new one will buck some, because it will have a mild cam in it.
Wow, I can' believe how much mud came out of my cooling system.
Going to push it outside today and pressure wash it, while waiting for the parts.

Well, here is my modified sink...ha
I think it looks pretty impressive so far.
Now I just need an engine to put it on.
the mark of a true shade tree mechanic ! Your SUPPOSED to use the countertop as a work bench and the kitchen sink to clean parts. My countertop is where I did my most successful carb rebuilds on , better light than my basement. Can't set a float if you got bad light ! Countertop also doubles as my soldering station. Amazing how I've not damaged it , and I wanted to rebuild a Muncie 4 spd on it. Not if the misses catches me !

I have ruined my counter, and almost burned up my sink. I mixed my hydrochloric acid way too strong. I was able to stop it in time for the stainless sink, but the counter is pretty bad.
I have 4 work benches up stairs, and 3 more in the basement, and still wind up at my sink. But as you said, the light is perfect for delicate jobs.

That is for my other 304 engine. If I can just keep this one running 3 more weeks, life will be good.

Back