Cherokee Upgrade help..

CherokeeGuy42

Ok as I've mentioned before my suspension is shot and is in need of a replacement. I've taken people's advice and decided to go ahead and replace the stock suspension with new stock parts. Question 1: Any good sites that aren't expensive where I could buy OEM leafs, coils, trac bars, etc? I'm wanting to run adjustable shocks so I can have stiff suspension for running the roads and loose when going offroad. Question 2: Will it actually help any? Question 3: Who all makes adjustable shocks? I only know about Rancho. (I'm wanting some that I can adjust from inside the cab)
I also have issues with my steering. I have a bit of play in the steering wheel and when I turn fast and hard, the steering doesn't respond like it should. Question 4: Any ideas on what causes that and how to fix it? I had heard that I can take a steering column from a firebird (not sure which years) and it would fit in my Jeep and give me better steering. Question 5: Is that true? If so, what year model firebird and how hard would it be to do? Thanks for your help guys.

1. shipping is so expensive with this kinda stuff, i'd call around local parts places and drive somewhere to pick it up. my 3" lift kit from rusty's cost me $150 to ship UPS ground. stuff weighs a TON.

2. ever drive a car with a full new suspension on it? Feels like you're riding on a cloud... and its 10x better if you have some good tires on there too, don't overlook that.

3. as for the adjustable shocks, look into getting some quick-disconnects for your swaybars... that'll give you more flex and better performance offroad than adjusting your shocks.

4. tie rod ends? steering dampener shot? i'd bring it to a shop where they can throw it up in a rack n have a closer look at everything.

5. no idea, never heard of it. anythings possible if you can fab parts.

for #4 and #5, the only thing that would give you better steering, would be the rack and not having a solid axle, but i may stand corrected...

Back