Chrome or no chrome?

Chrome or chipped up stock paint?

• Chrome grill

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • No chrome grill

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters
Good call on the black painted headlight trim rings. I just picked up a set cheap on ebay. I'll paint them up and see how it looks.

Well the Chrome is more bug-road debris friendly, and yes it matches the wheels, but it seems like chrome is kinda out as eveything is going to paint matched & or blacked out. I'd run the chrome if the painted one is bad. I'd also see what cost is to re-paint the one, then switch back. What about rattle canning it matter black? If you thought you wanted to re-paint as original you could do the matte black to see? I'm headed to black accents. I replaced the chrome headlights bezzle rings to black and will soon change the marker & blinkers to the smoked instead of amber. I'm also going to change or paint the silver wheels to black. So much is allready black.

I just gave my headlight bezels a coat of duplicolor bed liner, did my mirror brackets the same in the summer, I can post a pic tomorrow when it's done if ya like:)

Im usualy only a fan of chrome on my big trucks, but that actualy looks pretty good, it works well with the lights you have on the fenders, I say keep the chrome, it gives your Jeep character without being overdone, the only chrome Ive seen so far that looks good on a Jeep

RudeDog said:
Well the Chrome is more bug-road debris friendly, and yes it matches the wheels, but it seems like chrome is kinda out as eveything is going to paint matched & or blacked out. I'd run the chrome if the painted one is bad. I'd also see what cost is to re-paint the one, then switch back. What about rattle canning it matter black? If you thought you wanted to re-paint as original you could do the matte black to see? I'm headed to black accents. I replaced the chrome headlights bezzle rings to black and will soon change the marker & blinkers to the smoked instead of amber. I'm also going to change or paint the silver wheels to black. So much is allready black.

Once you go black......

Anyone heard of black chrome! IV seen it on some Harley's in LA. Looks kind of cool. Gives you a bit of chrome and color.

Sounds interesting. I might like that idea. Like an oil slick color would be cool

I had the pipes for my wifes bike done in the black chrome quite a few years back (2005-2006?) cost me a FORTUNE and had a real hard time finding someone that could do it (maybe because it was still a fairly new process) That being said...she loved them, me?...not so much.

I say you paint match it, then make everything else bright punkin' Orange! I'm not a big fan of Chrome myself...too shiny for me.

ForumRunner_20120331_123703.png

Most folks have OEM paint grills, some folks install nifty chrome grills. Why not take that OEM stock grill and give it a nice coat of new paint, maybe even add some mini flames?:flamethro

Make it truly different. Make it yours.

Here's my blacked out bezels.

Attachments

• image-1431312788.jpg
    image-1431312788.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 235
  • image-2337001881.jpg
    image-2337001881.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 294
Those are the stock chrome ones, I just cleaned them good and gave them four or five coats, they might chip if hit with a rock but it's easy to pop them off and give another coat.

I like! I think that would look pretty sweet on my black jeep and chrome grill go ahead and send those over to me

Back