cj7 lug pattern

ROade

Any one know what size the lug pattern my 82 CJ7 should have?
How is the correct way to measure?
Some say center to center , skipping one bolt.
Others say center to edge , skipping one bolt.
:?:

That is correct L33 the first # is how many lugs there are. the second is the diameter of the bolt circle. you measure from one nut to the one farthest away from it. This will get you close to the #.

Yep, 5x5.5

With an even number of lug nuts, you measure from the center of one stud to the center of the stud directly across from it.
With Five lugs, you measure from the center of one stud to the opposite edge of the second stud over(skip one stud for five lugs, two studs if you had seven lugs,.....)

ha fixed it

hummm
ok, if i measure from center of one bolt,skip one, center to next-i get exactly 5.25
if i measure from center one bolt, skip one,to closest edge of next-i get 5.0
so it seems i have 5 on 5 or either 5 on 5 and 1/4
so i really need the correct way of measuring to order the right wheels

On an odd # it will not be accrate because you are not going directly across. For Jeeps there is 2 sizes 5 on 5 1/2 and 4 on 5 1/2. The CJ and older jeeps run the 5 on 5 1/2. The YJ, and Cherokee run 5 on 4 1/2. If you look at them side by side you can easily tell the right paturn.

Center of the first,opposite side of the second. skipping one in between. You have 1/2" studs, so if you got 5.25 across the centers.....then you have a 5x5.5"

ahh ha
center to opposite edge, theres where i went wrong,i measured to closest edge.
thanks guys !!!
soon ill post pics, my cj is shaping up nice-
swapped in 304 v8,4 inch suspension lift,one inch shaclel lift,trans drop kit,heckelthorn nitro 9000's,t5 transmission,hard top and hard doors,grant steering wheel,carpet & seats,guages
ill be selling tons of stuff, making a list soon as i can
need wheels/tires if any one has
maybe 15x12 wheels and like 35x14x15 tires

man shtttttt
I blew up my transmission !!!!
any suggestions for transmission I should swap in in place of my t5 ?
Im running a 304 V8, 35 inch tires.
Also how can I tell if my 82 cj7 has wide track or not ?
thanks again

82 would have wide track stock. start a new thread if you want advice on the transmission. good luck.

Back