CLutch help

jeepfann

95 yj 2.5, when I push my clutch pedal in it sqeeks, when it is hotter outside it is louder. When my jeep is ideling,I have a small sqeal comming from underneath, I push the cluth pedal in it goes away. I believe it is the throw out bearing, morris 4X4 offers master kits with clutch pressure plate bearing pilot bearing. they run around 3 bills, what is th sqeek when i push the cluth in, and can I get awat with replacing the throw out bearing. every thing seems good the pedal and clutch feel good, I just have a few weird noises, I hate noises. Any help would be appreciated.

Tony

Ear plugs,and drive it till it breaks or falls of. other then that just a wild guess,check your bolts that attach the transmission to the engine,make sure that they havent come loose, Like I said just a wild guess.

Sounds like typical throw out bearing noise to me. If you are going to the trouble of pulling the transmission out you should change clutch, throw out bearing, pilot bearing etc. That way It will be a done deal and all new. Just my two cents anyway.

I have removed the tranfercase and shifter linkage, I dont see any bolts holding the transmission to the bell housing, it surely seperates. It is not all one piece, you can see where they fit together. How do I drop the transmission from the bell housing. 95 yj 2.5 HELP!!!!!!

This is just a guess.... but I'm guessing you get at the bolts from inside the bell housing. Never seen a 2.5 though. But from reading above, me thinks you need to remove the bell housing anyway to get to the throwout bearing.......

JeepNaked said:
This is just a guess.... but I'm guessing you get at the bolts from inside the bell housing. Never seen a 2.5 though. But from reading above, me thinks you need to remove the bell housing anyway to get to the throwout bearing.......

I have a 2.5 and the bolts are on the outside. But mine is a 97 couldn't imagine it being any different

Back