Clutch Life Expectancy

The only thing mine did was try to take off while the clutch was in, no slipping, or anything now all is well, might of been a rock or something up there.:?|

YAY!!!!! It's not the clutch, its just the master cylinder, which is still bad BUT i aint gotta pull the transmission out, i know now why it done it every now and then, an air pocket would create from the leak thus causing it to act like i didn't have a clutch =]

All you guys that posted here - a simple bit of advice. Drain and refill your clutch fluid (normal DOT hydraulic fluid) - do it about every 20k miles. If you clutch starts feeling loose, get under the Jeep and adjust the clutch linkage - there is a screw type adjustment for the clutch linkage - just screw it a little tighter to take out play.

Yeah i miss looked its just how the transmission looks there's no hole haha, but any who ordered me a new master cyclinder should be here monday i hope.

I had 214,000 on my original, I only replaced it because I was doing the engine, and figured why I was in there. The clutch still looked great actually still had plenty of meat left. Bowing I've got about 15k on the new one.

83,000 miles and still going strong. I guess I'm just paranoid about it going out on me.

now that you have figured that out,three years later. Now you can start thinking about your water pump.:lol:

now that you have figured that out,three years later. Now you can start thinking about your water pump.:lol:

Ha! My mind is always worrying about what will go wrong next be it the Jeep or Life so you can bet I've already thought about the water pump too. Something is making a bearingy (technical term) noise so it's gotta be the the water pump, alternator or A/C.

Ha! My mind is always worrying about what will go wrong next be it the Jeep or Life so you can bet I've already thought about the water pump too. Something is making a bearingy (technical term) noise so it's gotta be the the water pump, alternator or A/C.
Just a thought,but to isolate where the noise is comeing from.Form a megaphone type form out of some paper and hold it up to your ear and get the opposite end near one of those items to help ya find out where it is.

Just a thought,but to isolate where the noise is comeing from.Form a megaphone type form out of some paper and hold it up to your ear and get the opposite end near one of those items to help ya find out where it is.

Yeah, that would work. What I've done in the past is get a long screw driver or other long metal rod and put one end on your ear and the other on the suspect part. Direct connection to the skull as it were. The couple times I've gone to do this it didn't make the noise of course. I'll catch it one day.

i just checked mine@ 141k , it has the same as a new one. no one knew the specson the disc so i got got a new one. i measured it and mine was a hair thinner. so back in it went.

clutch life depends on many factors
do you ride your clutch
4 wheeling is also hard on a clutch
a lot of stop and go
also another thing is the driver themselves
a clutch can last as long as 100,000 miles depending on driving habits and also conditions
I have a old Toyota with over 300,000miles with original clutch
as a mechanic I've seen clutches replaced at 5000 miles all the way up to around 80,000miles
off road vehicles average around 30,000 mile due to all the mud and grit build up

Back