Clutch

lah2420

Has anyone had any experiences with the Omix-Ada clutch disc and pressure plate? I'm dropping the transmission this week to see why it started slipping after just a few thousand miles and will probably have to replace it. It's a daily driver and not used for heavy off-road abuse, so I'm not looking for something high dollar if I can avoid it.

who put the clutch in just a few thousand miles ago? my guess is it isn't malfunction in the parts and this is no offence to you or whoever put it in, but it's probably something to do with installation.

did the flywheel get re-surfaced? most likely cause of a new clutch slip is grease or oil contamination, incorrect release system adjustment or a stepped or cupped flywheel.

No offense taken. I figure it is something I either did or didn't do. I'm the one who put it in when I swapped the AX15 in for the Peugeot. I didn't get it resurfaced because I had done that about 4000 miles before that. The clutch had gotten oil soaked when my slave went out and like an idiot I paid someone else to replace it. He supposedly re-sufaced it then. I've noticed I have an oil leak again, this time motor oil, and wonder if it could be that or possibly if the bolts have loosened a little on the clutch. I just have to check when the transmission is dropped. I just hate to have to break those flywheel bolts loose again. The last time, I had the motor out. This time will be from underneath.

I suggest putting some kind of lock tight onto the clutch/flywheel screws. When I had my engine rebuilt 15k miles ago the reguilders didnt tighten them right or the worked themselves loose and worked out to the point it destroyed my clutch.

I've had 2 people on another site say they've had bad experiences with Omix clutches. I'll look into the Luk brand. Centerforce is kind of high.

Back