cold air on feet!

bucklahoo

getting a cold breeze right over my shins and feet! looked under the dash and see a vent located right by where the steering column exits/enters the firewall.

what position on the heater controls controls this flap vent?

my cables are broke on so i have been manually moving the cables to change from vent to heat, heat control, etc.

just want to close the little flap vent by column.

90 yj 2.5L no a/c [addsig]

The knob/cable pulled all the way out is the vent position. [addsig]

When the US was in the space race NASA spent just under a million dollars on a design for an ink pen that would work is 0 gravity. The USSR used a pencil! Use a piece of Duct tape until warm weather![addsig]

Duct tape works 4 me...I find that silver looks great, and has a higher degree of insulating as well. Plus...it sets off my pinstripes very nicely lmao
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
Rob[addsig]

If you have no cables, look under the dash on the passenger side (all the way to the right between the vent box and the outside of the Jeep) and you should see the vent lever (near the courtesy light) slide it so the vent is closed (usually that means pulling it twords you) That works on mine.

Note: On my vent/heat levers, the problem was the cable had come loose. Reinstalling it solved the problem. But my partners Jeep had a broken hold down, that we repaired with a plastic glue(designed to repair motorcycle fairings) that has held for several years.

Good Luck staying warm.[addsig]

Back