Computer bypass 2100 changeout

Het fellas. Just pulled her in the garage. Bout 12:17 here and I got to get my azz to bed. Kids don't care how late you stay up. They still need to get to school on time. Anyway, turned her in to one turn out and much better. Still a "little" hesitation but definately in the right direction. Will pick up tomorrow if the rain passes tonight. Thanks guys. By the way, my buzz from the gas fumes is gone, BUMMER! Ha ha

I'm gonna need some education on this float valve y'all talkin about.

I don't think so. I haven't gotten my mc- 2100 yet. I've been studying a lot about this carb. From what I can tell you have to have the cover off to set the float. I don't get it, from what I've heard these carbs. come set for the 258. I know every engine is different but not that much.

Sorry, scratch valve from last post. Just float. Newbies, can't live with'em can't shoot'em!!

absolutemoon said:
Sorry, scratch valve from last post. Just float. Newbies, can't live with'em can't shoot'em!!

Alright man. Hey you made some good progress today, you'll be rebuilding automatic transmissions in no time. Talk at yah later.

I was just thinking of what to check if the carb adjustments dont work. the float level can affect the way it runs. dont think we will need to go there though, thank god.. lol
kool, wasnt sure what to expect at one turn but, I was hoping it would be a little better, we can get back on it tomorrow.

808CJ7 said:
Alright man. Hey you made some good progress today, you'll be rebuilding automatic transmissions in no time. Talk at yah later.

Don't laugh, I still need to adjust the linkage to shift properly. Another day, another lesson. Lol.

In the morning warm it up and hook the vac gauge to it and see what the vac is at one turn out. we will go from there. later.

absolutemoon said:
Don't laugh, I still need to adjust the linkage to shift properly. Another day, another lesson. Lol.

Next project.... Swap automatic for manual. Lol just kidding ???

Ok, slowly bring the screws out a 1/8 to 1/4 turn at a time watching the vac reading. Bring it out to 1 1/2 to 2 turns out. after each adjustment bring your idle back down to where you started by the idle screw. Dont go past 2 turn for now, whats the vac and is it idleing smooth..

you want the highest vac with it still running smooth. Thats not alway the highest vac you can get the eninge to.. I can get my vac up to about 18 but it dont run the best there, it runs best around 13-14". My vac will be lower than yours because I have a bigger cam in it.

I pick up a motorcraft tomorrow to throw on, I the rain ever stops.

South Texas sucks for spring break. Beautiful weather from jan through feb and first part of march. Spring break starts and temps drop to 50 and it's raining, every damn year. If I could find a job with the security and pay I have here, and I be somewhere with no rain, I would move. I hate rain

When I rebuilt the spare mc I had that I have to the a dude at work, it dropped on and started right up with no adjustments on my ol wrangler.

How you doing? Got it going good yet?

Out 1 16.5vac. Spudderish idle
Out 1.5. 17vac. Brought idle down to 750-800
Out 1.75 18vac idle fine. 750-800rpm
Out 2.0 18vac. Idle fine. 750-800rpm

Currently out 2 (so I can remember)

If it sounds good, take it out for a minute. dont need to go far, you'll know pretty fast if its right.

If it still hesitates on take off. Look down the carb and slowly pull the throtle back. As soon (and I mean as soon as the linkage moves) you should get a shot of fuel. If not or if its a weak shot, we need to adjust the acel pump.

Back