Dayton, Ohio thieves

mud4feet

Well, we just got back from our "semi-annual Ohio-Mich family run" and am damn glad to be back in the mountains. Sat. night my TJ (and my bro's YJ) were broken into while parked behind our Mom's house. Wierd, wierd thieves.........I lost a blanket (?), a defective cell-phone charger, a bunch of losing scratch-off lottery tickets (?), and a Sportrak Map GPS :)cry: ). They left my cell phone, all my CD's, a Meridian GPS w/12V adaptor, a pair of binoculars, flashlight, 12 pk/Bud light and cooler, and basically everything else. Bro' lost a flashlight. Can't really say they broke in, 'cause mine was unlocked (always is - always will be.........just open the door, don't slice my soft top!!). I hope these folks aren't trying to make a living being thieves, 'cause they're REALLY bad at it.

Just thought I'd vent............I hate thieves with a passion. Oh..........I don't care too much for cities, either.

Sounds like it must have been kids. Sorry to hear of it.

Bummer, dude! That's why I hate cities, too. I don't even feel safe leaving my Jeep parked in front of the shop while I'm at work. I took the company van home last night (due to an impending snow storm today, details in another thread), so I talked the boss man into letting me park it inside the locked gate under the security cameras. I still don't feel safe with it there, seeing as how I just heard on the scanner that there is a burglary in progress at the business next door!!!

My head unit has been stolin twice within 2 months out of my yj. I hate the area i live in because of the crime, but im kinda stuck here for a while. Im gonna mount razor blades under my next radio.

About 4 Years ago when I lived in Dayton Ohio my S-10 Blazer got broken into 2 times. Both times they over anything of value But did distroy the lock.
Now that I work downtown Cincinnati I leave nothing in the Jeep. Never lock it like mud said. And keep GPS and head unit locked in storage box. So far so good but I haven't had to park it over night yet.

Back