dual batteries for tj

whiterubicon

I have decided to install dual batteries in my Rubicon before buying the winch. I want to use it once I have installed it. Would drive me crazy to not be able to use a new toy. Can any one lead me to a source that will fit my tj? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

NEVER wire the two batteries in Series to achieve 24 volts. This will overpower everything on the vehicle, and most importantly could/will do things such as fry the computer, burn out light bulbs, etc...

Wiring the batteries in parallel through a battery isolator/switch is the safest option :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

You would have to buy a battery crossover kit. Will run you around $150. This is the same kit that alot of guys run in trucks with snow plows. You really don't need to do that. Just buy yourself a Optima red or yellow top battery and you will have all the power you will ever need.

just a thought..consider upgrading your alternator and run an optima

i've got a dual battery tray for a TJ. i got it on ebay. the guy said it was for tj's or yj's. i can't find a way it would fit in my yj. it doesn't have the hold down posts.

tomken makes it. i just looked and it's for I-6 without a/c. it's in pretty good shape. i think there might be a few spots where the paint got scraped off. other than that it doesn't look like it was actually used. you could have it for $40 plus shipping.

Back