Duct Tape Club

chad.helton

I often forget and lock my keys in the Jeep, this is normal. Part of my love for the Jeep has been the fact that I can unzip the back and climb right in and rescue my keys with little hassle. This was true until Friday night. As I dove in over the the rear seat after my keys, I hear horrible popping and cracking sounds. The bitter temps left the plastic in the window unwilling to bend. Now I am riding around with a giant patch of duct tape covering the proof of my stupidity!:redface: This leads me to ask, if ebay is the best place to by replacement windows? Does anyone recommend the tinted over the clear??

First off if you lock the doors the idiots will just cut the windows to get in...so I never lock them, just cant afford 255$ (front windows)for some bozo to look around my jeep to see I have a cheap CB and factory radio inside.

As to buyinng a new set since I need to see out of them, dont want to buy someone elses scratches here, I have replaced mine through Quadratec. they are the cheapest in town. Plus I was able to order mine in sail cloth to match my OEM sail cloth top.

I have the tinted ones rear and both rear sides, you cant get the drivers or passenger windows in tinted.

Some morons will cut tops even though there are zippers and doors have been left unlocked. Dumb criminals

yeah, keys on the ground and doors unlocked unless the top is down then i lock every thing and take the keys... or even better hide them in the back

Clear shipping tape works better than duct tape for a temporary fix............................don't ask how I know. :redface: :redface: :redface:

I only Lock the door to the wrangler when the doors and top are off in the summer.

I've had my plastic windows break in the cold just driving down the road, with one good pop from the wind. I find taking the window out and laying it on a flat surface to repair with clear shipping tape works best.

Ill vote for the clear shipping tape. And like previously mentioned, dont ask me how I know.

And I so wish my new jeep had tinted windows. My old one did and I miss them.

Tru craigslist for some spare top windows. many guys have spare windows because they either upgrade, change to hardtop, or break one and buy a pair.

If you aren't in a great Craigslist area, Ebay's pretty good. Or, of course, the expensive option is to get one new.

You could also try the for sale forums in the many hundreds of Jeep forums. Just make sure you don't jump ship! ;)

Back