Dynomax mufflers?

wm69

RE: Wanna see "redneck"?

I just got a dynamax muffler in the mail. I saw on another forum that dynamax is offering rebates on their mufflers so I figured I'd try one out. I got the SS model that will supposedly add 7 or so horses to a 4.0HO jeep. Cost me $87 including shipping from rockauto.com (advance auto had them for $72 shipped but they're sold out of them). The rebate on the SS mufflers is $75 so that leaves me out $13 + whatever it costs me to have it mounted. Muffler looks good and is heavier than I expected. That shiney SS is going to look totally out of place on my blingless jeep. Anybody got one of these on a vehicle? I'm hoping it won't be too loud but I won't mind a little rumble......

RE: 91 Cherokee Not Startin (Sorta)

Let me know what you think of it after you hear it run. Any idea how long that deal is going on?

A $75 rebate on an $87 muffler is nice. Close enough to free. The shipping was probably that much.
I have a single Dynomax muffler on mine. It is fairly quiet at idle and sounds pretty good when you rev it up. It is not louder than the tires at highway speed like some Flowmasters etc.. Mine is also not the heavy gauge steel like the flowmasters though. I think my muffler was under $40 at Advance. I got a local Meineke to run me all new exhaust (2.5" tube) from the manifolds back for $100. I thought it was a good deal. I thinkn you will be happy with your choice. Be sure to get under there and polish it at least once a week.

Bounty__Hunter said:
Let me know what you think of it after you hear it run. Any idea how long that deal is going on?
You have to buy the muffler before June 30 and the rebate has to be postmarked by July 15th. I mailed my rebate in today, but it will probably be a few weeks before I get the muffler mounted as I have a guy in my old hometown I'm gonna get to do it and have him run a 2.5" exhaust the whole way when he does it. If I had that done here in NW Arkansas they'd rape me on the installation.......

wm69 said:
I just got a dynamax muffler in the mail. I saw on another forum that dynamax is offering rebates on their mufflers so I figured I'd try one out. I got the SS model that will supposedly add 7 or so horses to a 4.0HO jeep. Cost me $87 including shipping from rockauto.com (advance auto had them for $72 shipped but they're sold out of them). The rebate on the SS mufflers is $75 so that leaves me out $13 + whatever it costs me to have it mounted. Muffler looks good and is heavier than I expected. That shiney SS is going to look totally out of place on my blingless jeep. Anybody got one of these on a vehicle? I'm hoping it won't be too loud but I won't mind a little rumble......

What's the part # of the Dynomax muffler that you got and does anyone have a link toe the rebate offer?

They sound nice. I've never heard the welded stainless one on an inline engine, but they sound sweeeeet on a cammin V8.

Very good quality for that price from what I can tell, if it's the same muffler I'm thinking about.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Jeepy!!!

KAYBONE said:
wm69 said:

What's the part # of the Dynomax muffler that you got and does anyone have a link toe the rebate offer?

I got a 17281 for one jeep and a 17282 for the other jeep. The 17281 has 2" intlet and outlet, and the 17282 has 2 1/4" on either end (got a borla header on that one and am going to have larger dia. pipe run all the way from header to the tip). Both are a little bigger than the stock muffler size-wise, but they'll fit ok. Dynamax website.....

http://www.dynomax.com

http://www.dynomax.com/promo_spring05_dynomax.pdf

They're 72 bucks from advance auto if you can catch them in stock, but they've been out so I got mine from www.rockauto.com

Back