Electronic disconnecting front antiroll bar. I want one!

southtj

Check out the new Dodge Power Wagon with electric discos. :shock: I've never seen that before. You think they'll start adding that to the wrangler?

http://www.fourwheeler.com/roadtests/129_0410_powr/

Another trick new idea on the Power Wagon is the electronic disconnecting front antiroll bar. Dodge calls it the Smart Bar, and with the simple push of the dash-mounted switch, drivers can disconnect it. This electronically controlled device allows disengagement of the bar in both 4-High and 4-Low at speeds below 18 mph. Computers will re-engage the bar if vehicle speeds surpass 18 mph. In the event of loss of electronic control, the bar will return to its default setting and engage. With the bar disengaged, the Power Wagon posts an 11-inch increase up a 20-degree RTI ramp compared to the measurement with the antiroll bar engaged. Dodge numbers show it scoring a 655 on the 20-degree ramp.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Not too shabby for a stocker. Too bad you can't order one in a 2 door shortbed.

RE: Electronic disconnecting front antiroll bar. I want one

Sweet idea... that comes stock? AND the winch?

I think that looks like a great idea. I can't wait to se it as a standard feature on all 4x4's. I just wish they offered the crew cab with a 6 foot bed instead of that dinky 4 foot bed..

all that protection underneath looks like it would be pretty inconvenient come mod time... and it looks like it was made from hardware store parts.... i like it though

Re: RE: Bubbacon and Friends

I went to the dodge site, no pricing yet. They are saying "offering limited quantities in late 2005" and "the power wagon is poised to demolish all other offroad competition". They list all those features discussed above as stock. Bet that's gonna hurt the pocket!

Snitty said:
all that protection underneath looks like it would be pretty inconvenient come mod time... and it looks like it was made from hardware store parts.... i like it though

Buzzz killlll!! :lol:

I Like it!

RE: Wanted for a 94 Wrangler:

yea the winch is standard, as are all the skid plates, front and rear locking differentials, and that smart bar thing theyve come up with so that corporate types dont have to get dirty :). that thing is bad, i wouldnt mind having one for roaming around offroad

RE: Some custom work for ya...

Very respectable RTI for a fullsize, very nice and well thouth out rig.

RE: what size can I run?

I have to say, I'm impressed... But like all of ya, I'll bet the price tag on that one is going to be through the roof...

I talked to my sales manager here at work. We have two on order. Can't wait to see them in person. He said he blieves base price will be in the low 30's.

RE: Some custom work for ya...

if the base price includes all those goodies.. then i'll say that's not too bad

I agree, I'm surprised and impressed...

Granted, pretending that it's $32,000, with a $2,000 down payment, that's $500.00 a month with no interest, fair chunk of change, but for a new vehicle these days, that's about expected...

Back