Engine prep for fuel injection kit

You will not believe what just happened. The head Smog guy in Southern Calif gave me a call back. He told me to add the kit and the two barrel manifold to the jeep and if the smog tech give me any grief about the intake to have him call and he will advise him of the proper way to proceede with the test. Can you believe that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hope the credit card does not melt as I order the parts.
Jim

Wow ! I certainly hope they keep their records straight ! You know the last thing you want is to assemble the jeep , get it running , all that work and some tech tell you something different and this guy BETTER bail you out because a certificate is only issued upon inspection ? Well , I'm still wishing best of luck and yes , that certificate BETTER get issued !

I will tell the tech that if he has an issue he should call "The Man" before he starts the test. And a cert will be issued I'm sure of it. FI kit is ordered but they said I have a week to 10 days before howell ships. I asked for special consideration because the wife will shoot me if I don't get it in before the surgery. All I got was the standard " we can't control what the manufacturer does". Oh well it was worth a shot. Seems I can only find one set of headers, pacesetter, in my pricerange, with the Coveted CARB EO sticker. so for now I think I will just go with the stock exhaust manifold from a wrecking yard. There is one in town but the guy with th price has not called me back yet. Now that all the planning and research is done it will be an easy week till the parts get here. Going to drop the intake in for a vat job at a local rebuilder. It will be all pretty when I get it back. Do they make high temp pink spray paint

Tell you what jimmy, they BETTER make hi-temp PINK spray paint ! Lol ! After all they put you and the misses through , just to pass inspection , THEY are lucky you still are willing to live in Cali ! Down to the wire and just thinking about all your TRYING to accomplish before the 15th .
I am back to work next week but will do my best to post when needed as I really would like to see this jeep running as much as the owner would . Just got to know too how kicking this set up will go on the jeep . So curious to see , second hand an injection system on a 258 . Only heard of it before . No we shall know and you will be a hero in Jeepz.com . After completion , I say this jeep should have a story done on it . First , the forum . Then , JP magazine or some prestigious magazine . Then , HOLLYWOOD ! Disneyland ! The White House lawn ! Alright , I know , let's not think too far ahead . One celebrity bash at a time . Just excited for you ( and the misses , of course ) that finally , the jeep you slaved over , will be driven ! Sitting on the edge of my seat .
not touching that dial , tuned in 'til next time . Best wishes always , Greg .

I'd peel out and carve CJ7 in the white house lawn. If the parts get here quick enough I'll make the deadline.

image-1598565720.jpg

The taxpayers send their regards !

And the CARB EO to the FI kit. I know its not the right place but since I'm there I might as well.
Jim

Back