Exhaust

Banks, Borla, and Pacesetter, all sell complete exhaust kits (I think) which include everything form the head back. That's a good place to start, however they tend to be pretty expensive.

All of these components can be bought piecemeal for cheaper as well, check eBay. If you want a good exhaust, get yourself some headers and a good muffler, and take it to a mnuffler shop to have them bend a new exhaust for you. I don't know what engine you have, so the diameter of the pipe is kinda up to you.

I have a gibson on my 4 banger, and it is not bad sounding; but keep in mind that what sound good to me may not be the same as to what sounds good to you!

You can swap the muffler yourself if you want to keep it on the cheap. I have Dynomax mufflers which have a good sound behind the 5.3. I don't know how they would sound behind a 4 or 6 cylinder. They are about $40 each at Advance Auto.
You can use a Sawzall or hacksaw to cut out your current muffler then use muffler clamps to install the new one if you really want to do it on the cheap. I prefer to have them welded in though.

Back