Existing body lift question

PIR8

Hey guys I bought another TJ, its pretty old (97) and needs some work. Anyway saw that it has a BL installed and heres what it looks like. BLTJ.jpg My question is, does this look like it was done correctly with the number and placement of pucks or did someone rearrange them to get most height? So far the only problem was some bolts were loose from wheeling and I tightened them but im hoping it is a stable setup and I dont have to go through the hell of removing some and dropping it as previous owner made custom parts to cover spaces between frame and cab and I just dont want to go through the steps. Any thoughts?

Looks like your standard 2" or 3" body lift correctly installed. I never recommend over 1" if you're taking the Jeep offroad at all, too much leverage on the body mounts and bolts when the body gets further from the frame.

Body lifts are pretty much booty-fab, and best kept to a minimum. They're best used in moderation to help with drivetrain clearance and occasionally extra tire clearance.

Great, appreciate that. Had one done on a ram before and i thought there can only be a single puck up top. So for measurement purposes to try figure out what lifts are on it, i juat measure the taller puck?

I measured the tall puck, its about 2", maybe a little less. Not sure if there is a 1.5" BL. Anyway, does anyone know if I can figure out whether there is also a coil spring lift installed taking into account the measurements i just mentioned in addition to the fact that bottom of door on the TJ is at 29", the current tires are 29" actual mounted height? Thanks

Yes you just measure the top puck, the bottom puck is the factory body mount.

Measure your coils and compare them to stock Jeeps. You might be able to find the measurements online somewhere as well.

Many factory coils have paper tags attached to one wrap of the coil, if they haven't fallen off.

Like the one individual said anything over 1" puts a great strain on the body and the frame. And if it's a 4 x 4 it could be dangerous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back