Fan Belt Help!!!

CherokeeGuy42

Ok I have a 2001 Jeep cherokee 4.0 sport. My airconditioning compressor went out on me and I bought a used one to put in it's place so I don't tear up fanbelts dragging across the pulley. My problem is the manual I have to take off the fan belt is for 2000's and older. When I looked at where the loosening bolts and things used to be on my other XJ's I couldn't find them. Did they move them or something? If so where to? I need to get the belt off so I can get the compressor out. Thanks.

CherokeeGuy42 said:
Ok I have a 2001 Jeep cherokee 4.0 sport. My airconditioning compressor went out on me and I bought a used one to put in it's place so I don't tear up fanbelts dragging across the pulley. My problem is the manual I have to take off the fan belt is for 2000's and older. When I looked at where the loosening bolts and things used to be on my other XJ's I couldn't find them. Did they move them or something? If so where to? I need to get the belt off so I can get the compressor out. Thanks.

They either went to a belt tensioner pulley, which should be easy to spot, or there has to be an adjustment somewhere in the belt system for each belt. Usually it is not the A/C compessor itself, but it warrants a second look to find out.

Back