Finally something is being done!

dropseys

http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=4993852&nav=MXEF

I can't believe these people. They are out of control with the whole freedom of speech thing. Protesting a funeral is totally out of control. I'm all for freedom of speech, but at a funeral come on. I wonder if someone in their family died and people showed up protesting in front of their funeral carrying derogatory signs they'd be angry and try to fight. These people should have been "removed" by off duty men (and women) in black. No ID's on officers and give a grieving family closure and peace. IF everything is as they say gods will then wouldn't he also punish them for violating the peace of a funeral? I'd think so.

Dropseys, a friend of mine was killed by an IED in Baghdad on 18 May and we had the funeral down in San Antonio last week. We were worried that these nut cases were going to show up. But thanks to the Patriot Riders, all was good. They are a bunch of just good people who own bikes and come to the funerals if family allows them to and they block any protesters. Fortunately, no protesters showed up, but it was very cool to see around 40 or so bikes riding down the road in front of the funeral prossession with huge American flags on each bike. I thank them for their support. These church sickos need to be sent over to Baghdad and let them fend for themselves. Losers! Take Care, KJ

I read an article about the guy who is their leader and he actually said he wants people to show up at his funeral protesting him I think. They believe they are doing God's will by telling others how bad God hates them and that they're never getting into heaven!

P.S. If I die over here I want to look down and see all the Jeepz.com guys holding back the protesters! :)

jumppr said:
I read an article about the guy who is their leader and he actually said he wants people to show up at his funeral protesting him I think. They believe they are doing God's will by telling others how bad God hates them and that they're never getting into heaven!

P.S. If I die over here I want to look down and see all the Jeepz.com guys holding back the protesters! :)
Geez, what a psycho. Hate is such a terrible message to send.

mingez said:
Sparky, I love you like a brother, but what is in the water out there in Kansas?

We've had to deal with this whacko for several years before the whole funeral picketing thing. There was an article in the Wichita paper about him a month or so ago, I'll see if I can find it....it really spells out what a nutjob he really is. The Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka? Well, there are like 50 members....all of them are his relatives, sons, daughters, and grandchildren. It's more of a commune than a church....barbwire topped fences and high walls all around it. His wife and one son actually work for the State in the Department of Corrections at the capitol building. The gov can't do anything about that, since they don't let their personal life of picketing interfere with their jobs. Two of his children have shunned him and moved out of state, going so far as to change their last names so as not to be connected to him. Some people want him dead....many people, in fact, but others say that would just martyr him and make him more valuable to his cause....I say fine, let him be martyred!! What he has done to his grandchildren and children is nothing short of brainwashing.

He's in for a big surprise on judgement day.....I can guarantee that!

I saw a cnn interview with the wife, these people are sick. Im a catholic and follow pretty well and these people seem demonic.... if one was to ever show up at a funeral that i was attending id make sure theyd get all the details on the bottom on my jeep....:sawzall: :flamethro suckers

Try Googling "Westboro Baptist Church".......:confused: :shock: :shock: :confused: ............these folks are VERY, VERY, VERY strange........and confused. God help them.

my bro died over there 2 1/2 yrs ago and if one of them showed up theyd wish they hadnt
:twisted:

The way I see it is that someone has the right to speak their mind...and I have the right to hit'em right in the runnin' lights if I don't like it.:shock:

90Xjay said:
The way I see it is that someone has the right to speak their mind...and I have the right to hit'em right in the runnin' lights if I don't like it.:shock:

Exactly right. But, every time someone mentions killing Fred, someone else argues the point that that will only further his cause and make him a martyr. So? A martyr among his own "church".....all 50 of them.....all his family and relatives....all just as whacko as him. I say martyr the sumbetch anyway. Let's get Janet Reno with her armored flame-throwers and pull a Branch Davidian on their little commune!!

:flamethro :sawzall: :spank: :razz: :sawzall: :spank: :flamethro :twisted:

Sparky-Watts said:
Let's get Janet Reno with her armored flame-throwers and pull a Branch Davidian on their little commune!!

:flamethro :sawzall: :spank: :razz: :sawzall: :spank: :flamethro :twisted:

Yeah, Janet Reno can sure burn some people alive (including children) given the right power.

if "god hates fags" is your message, whatever, that is your deal. but for the advancement in such a controversial topic to begin with, don't these people think for a second that a funeral might not be the best way to get people to join your cause? we've all heard the saying 'any press exposure is good press exposure,' but that simply isn't true in this case.

mingez said:
Geez, what a psycho. Hate is such a terrible message to send.

I hope this is obvious, but I was talking about the guy in the article, and not Jumppr.

mingez said:
I hope this is obvious, but I was talking about the guy in the article, and not Jumppr.

It wasn't so obvious to me you pink surrey driving son of a .......:purple:

Yeah it was obvious to me. Did someone actually think you were talkin about me? :shock:

mingez said:
Hate is such a terrible message to send.

Absolutely. It is terrible. It is also ineffective and it could not be farther from what Jesus Christ taught about how to deal with non-believers.

God's word is not supposed to be used as a hammer to beat down someone into submission to a godly life, it is to be a cool drink of water to quench the thirst. A light to those in darkness.

Those knuckleheads miss the mark in so many ways.

Last edited:
Back