Flower arrangement for Jhiggins from Jeepz.com

I have money from:
Margaret (I think this might be purpleyjgirl)
jps4jeep
LadyJeepFreak
L33TJ33P
tarsij
pgnpenna
randomjeeper
Tug-n-pull
Deerhunter30
capejeep1
aldridgehouse
joejeepny
Sacredgrove
4x4fish
Special_K
ecor

I am waiting on money from:
Far_Right (in the mail)
USMPK9 (bringing to me)
PASmokeater (paypal tomorrow)
purpleyjgirl (unless she is not Margaret)
LauraBoston
firemanharry
Snitty

At this time I have received $258 after all paypal fees
I am waiting on $150
That will mean $140 for flowers and about $268 to Josh's girlfriend

I am very moved. Many have made the comment something similar to "thanks for doing this". Well it is a priviledge to represent such a caring group of individuals. It has also helped me keep busy and do something with what I am feeling, so thank you for letting me do this.

I did get a card and wanted everyone to know what I wrote in it:

Cassie and Josh's family,
We just wanted to let you know that Josh meant a lot tous and will be missed. Josh was a friend to all, always willing to help. When he could not help, he encouraged. He was always looking for the humor in life and always had a positive impact on those he came in contact with. He was a person that would give a stranger the shirt off his back if they needed it.

Josh's friends at Jeepz.com

I also included everyone's name and screen name that has contributed money or commited to sending money. I will include all money above the expense of the flowers in the card.

sorry yes I am margaret well im christine but my paypal account is in my grandmothers name so yes you have my money :) the card sounds fine, simple and kind just what it needs to say. Thank you so much for taking care of all this, and I also want to say even tho I do not own Miss Purple anymore I am still very proud to say I am part of Jeepz.com and will always be here for everyone as I know they will always be there for me. Thank you everyone

I went to the viewing yesterday evening. It was a sad time due to the fact that Josh was such a young man and had so much of his life ahead of him. It was peaceful at the same time because I know that Josh knew Jesus Christ as his savior and he is in heaven now and I will get to see him again. The floral arrangement was nice. I gave Cassie (Josh's fiance) the card that I mentioned yesterday that included $140 which is the money left over after purchasing the floral arrangement. She was touched but was unable to read the card at the time because she was so emotional. She did mention that they were setting up a fund to help special needs children but I do not have any details on that yet. I told her that she could put that money toward the fund or she could use it to help offset those expenses that occur when a person passes away. Cassie wants to thank all of you for your outpouring of love for Josh.

I did talk to Josh's mother and father and told them about the influence that Josh had on all of his Jeepz buddies. I told them that he was always the first to offer help and when he was unable to offer help he encouraged. I also told them that he was the type of individual that would give the shirt off his back to a stranger if they needed it. I told them that they should be proud of the son they had raised. Josh was a fine young man. He had served his country as an Army Ranger and was now a productive member of society protecting the Johnson Space Center here in Clear Lake. He would soon be going to the police academy to serve his community as a Pasadena police officer. Josh's parents were thankful that I shared of his influence and friendship with those here at Jeepz. They were appreciative of the nice floral arrangement as well.

I will be leaving to attend his funeral in about an hour and a half. I will give you all an update when possible. As money continues to come in I will forward it to Cassie to do as she sees fit. Thank you all again for your generous and sacrificial giving and support. It has helped a family in a time of sorrow and mourning.

Kevin

I just got back from the funeral service. It was a nice service. The preacher did mention how much Josh enjoyed trail riding and mudding. There were several pictures of him with one of his Jeeps at the funeral. The preacher talked of how Josh loved the outdoors and having fun. He also mentioned how Josh never met a stranger, but was quick to make friends and lend a helping hand. I know that is a side of Josh that we were all very familiar with here. The precher mostly talked of how Josh knew Jesus Christ as his savior and was now in heaven and how we would see him again if we accepted Jesus as our savior. I know that religious topics might be somewhat discouraged on this board, but Josh wanted this mentioned at his funeral and I am forwarding it on to you guys.

Back