Flowkooler pump

Gregorypaul

I was working on instaling brackets, parts and pieces on my new rebuilt 4.0 motor this afternoon. When I got to the fan clutch and pulley for the water pump, I noticed that the bolt pattern was a little narrower on the parts compared to the pump, and there was no protruding mounting nub on the pump mounting flange. I got out the receipt and noticed my parts supplier ordered a cherokee pump instead of a wrangler. Even with the correct make and model on the receipt. I guess dumb me, I should have noticed before I got this far:roll: anyways any options other than tearing off the pump and waiting a week for another one? One thing I did notice on the napa website was that they sold fan spacers in 1/2" I no nothing about these, but I was going down to the store when they open and see if this might be a quick option? Any Ideas?
Thanks

fan spacers can be used. I have one on my engine. The down side to them is if you off road your jeep and cross deep water, your fan will continue to spin pulling your fan blades into the radiator. with a clutch fan it is subposed to stop spinning when you enter deep water. you can directly bolt the fan to the motor if you have the room to do so, if not then I can see why you would use the spacer. they should sell them larger than 1/2" also, I think mine is probably 2 1/2". generally going to a clutch fan is considered a upgrade on the older jeeps, so if you use a spacer I would make it temporary.

Back