for robrt-stephens

RE: Ok i have finally picked which lift

It's funny how pathetic people really are. Shows the maturity on that board. They can take the time to flame someone who isnt even there, but they cant take the time to help someone out with a quick reply. Real winners in my opinion...

Seems as though they miss ya Robert.

I see what some of you are talking about now... that seems like a great site :roll:

Thanks for the heads up.

Typical. If it continues, a quick call to VBulletin can bring that BBS to a halt.

Thank you again guys. Appreciate it very much.

They are not part of our DNA, much less fellow off-roaders.

RE: Axle swap

That board is for a different breed. IMO, what fun is wheelin a buggy that you know can just eat up any terrain. 4 link rear suspensions and D60's, wow you're really sticking you neck out there. Ther's no fun in that.

RE: Re: for robrt-stephens

Can someone please explain this whole "I am Love" thing?

I'm out of the loop on that one.

RE: Re: for robrt-stephens

dick_wilderness said:
That board is for a different breed. IMO, what fun is wheelin a buggy that you know can just eat up any terrain. 4 link rear suspensions and D60's, wow you're really sticking you neck out there. Ther's no fun in that.

Exactly. Lets write a check for someone else to build our rig. Must help to have a low monthly payment on the trailer, I mean house...

laneiac said:
dick_wilderness said:

Exactly. Lets write a check for someone else to build our rig. Must help to have a low monthly payment on the trailer, I mean house...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya know, they sound like either a bunch of arrogant arseholes or a bunch of high school bullies that have to drive big rigs to compensate for their short comings......

That thread there is a testament as to why I never have nor ever will be a part of Pirate 4x4.

well in all fairness, most of those guys design and build their own suspensions, not all of them wheel buggies, and that lot thats giving robrt shi t are just those that have nothing better to do. in their members list they have over 1,316 pages of members, so dont think that the whole board is like that.

and tearing up just about any terrain is great stuff, if you havent progressed and noticed how much more stuff you can do each time your jeep progresses to a new stage then there might be something wrong. as my jeep has gotten bigger and more built i have been trying ridiculous lines that i would have never thought about and made them. my dad and i are currently building a project yj on 42's that will be for this reason. we can take it out, point it at anything and go at it. we will be able to run the hardest, gnarliest stuff, and thats all that board wants to do. i agree their line of vision doesnt co-exist with that of the jeepz.com as far as going out, running hard and trailering it home, but thats why its a "hardcore rockcrawling" forum. point in case, there are a lot of brilliant people on that board who are incredibly innovative. there are numerous engineers and talented machinists as well as the trailer trash that shows up there. the brighter ones, the engineers and so forth, have the ability to realize that flaming people as hard as robert is getting flamed is ridiculous. but the trailer trash ones just go at it b/c thats their nature.

yes that board is a bad place to be if your question involves a d35, 32's, or revolvers, but it has its place and jeepz has its.

RE: Axle swap

currupt4130 said:
well in all fairness, most of those guys design and build their own suspensions, not all of them wheel buggies, and that lot thats giving robrt shi t are just those that have nothing better to do. in their members list they have over 1,316 pages of members, so dont think that the whole board is like that.

and tearing up just about any terrain is great stuff, if you havent progressed and noticed how much more stuff you can do each time your jeep progresses to a new stage then there might be something wrong. as my jeep has gotten bigger and more built i have been trying ridiculous lines that i would have never thought about and made them. my dad and i are currently building a project yj on 42's that will be for this reason. we can take it out, point it at anything and go at it. we will be able to run the hardest, gnarliest stuff, and thats all that board wants to do. i agree their line of vision doesnt co-exist with that of the jeepz.com as far as going out, running hard and trailering it home, but thats why its a "hardcore rockcrawling" forum. point in case, there are a lot of brilliant people on that board who are incredibly innovative. there are numerous engineers and talented machinists as well as the trailer trash that shows up there. the brighter ones, the engineers and so forth, have the ability to realize that flaming people as hard as robert is getting flamed is ridiculous. but the trailer trash ones just go at it b/c thats their nature.

yes that board is a bad place to be if your question involves a d35, 32's, or revolvers, but it has its place and jeepz has its.

Look, I think we've given them way too much publicity already. I think theres something to be said for people or "smart people" who wheel close to stock rigs. More in fact. I know a couple of really smart guys who have participated on this board who wheel close to stock rigs. If you want examples just let me know.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: for robrt-stephens

Pirate really is a different type of board and the comparison is a little off. I guess they have a right to be rude to newbs, if they don't want them there. That is my main problem with them. I have absolutely no doubt that I would enjoy pirate if they A) were more mainstream and accepting of other types of wheelers, and B) didn't let the A-holes be so vocal on the board. Do any of the other members ever step in and correct it when it gets out of hand over there? How could you spend any amount of time there and watch it over and over without ever trying to correct it?

mingez said:
Can someone please explain this whole "I am Love" thing?

I'm out of the loop on that one.

Yes, I can. When atacked on this medium, the net, back in the UFO days 10 years ago, tangling with Art Bell about NASA, I resorted to the same insanity as those attacking me without provocation So, I would explain how I was going to burn them all with some sort of brand of gasoline. Then, as a complete conundrum, to rattle them further, I would sign off, "I am love." Which by my statement and then my sginature signoff-I am/was anything but "love".

When I tried to invoke good topic discussion on Pirate for the Revovler Shackles discussion, as my first post, and was terribly attacked in evry way possible at the very outset, with such things like I killed my father, I'm queer, my Jeep sucks,and so on, I attacked back. And this new age hand wringing 'attitude+sissified whiny' culture we have now, loves to anoynomously dish it out, but stomps their little new age cry-baby feet if someone tougher dishes it right back and worse.

Pirate and the UFO freaks are identical in their syntax for insult. So, I did the same thing to them after first being attacked, and that is where the "I am love" nonsense come from.

They are still reeling, like little babies.....(boy, that Pirate is real "rough" stuff, like they get in pillow fights over glasses of milk and then scream, "Shawn, give me back my panties......").

Fun stuff, but sad too in that they give our off road community a very bad name.

Does that help?

Re: RE: Re: for robrt-stephens

I'm tempted to sign on to pirate just to see how much of a rise I can get out of them. Gotta come up with the stupidest, lamest question that everyone should know the answer to. Or mabye I should just ask about welding two wheels together to stick them further out the sides so I can get bigger tires on.

dick_wilderness said:
................I think theres something to be said for people or "smart people" who wheel close to stock rigs. More in fact. I know a couple of really smart guys who have participated on this board who wheel close to stock rigs. If you want examples just let me know.

Well, that would be me, for one (except for the "smart" part, of course :lol: ). Little "Lucille" (will I be flamed for citing her name?!?!) is darn near stock. I don't have the money to "mod" her up to Pirate standards (?), but I really enjoy the challenge of conquering obstacles just as she is, going places where "no man has gone before!!!!" - at least this man in all the other POS's he's owned (POS = anything NOT Jeep). Being a surveyor, I've driven lots of behemoth 4WD's which got us where we needed to go through sheer HP if nothing else. I enjoy my little 4banger chuggin' through to these same places and more (although lockers would be nice). And luckily, I found Jeepz, with many like-minded individuals and a very respectable membership overall.

As to Robert, I read the whole "Pirate thing" and I must say that I believe you belittled yourself stooping to their level. I quickly tired of all the "f-bombs" being thrown around. Although I understand your reasons, I don't agree with your language. Thankfully, there will be no need for that here. Look forward to you sharing your knowledge and experience with us "stockers".

News Updates.......

Craig said:
I'm tempted to sign on to pirate just to see how much of a rise I can get out of them. Gotta come up with the stupidest, lamest question that everyone should know the answer to. Or mabye I should just ask about welding two wheels together to stick them further out the sides so I can get bigger tires on.

Post this: "I just installed my Dana 60 upside down and the Revolver Shackles won't bolt up. Can anyone help me on this. I'm a newb.

Thank you."

You'll have 30 seconds before you're are drawn, quartered, and burned to death with Naptha......

I love it!!!

Humor

laneiac said:
They can take the time to flame someone who isnt even there, but they cant take the time to help someone out with a quick reply. Real winners in my opinion...

But that's not what that site is for. You can not compare that site to Jeepz.com. They are both here for different reasons, and if you don't like one, or either of them...simply don't go there.

Ya there still going on about that whole thing, but so is everyone here :wink: . Just think about how pathetic that might look to some people.

If that's how that site is...it's how that site is. Always has been and probably always will be. It's that simple.

88wrangles, your post is a good example. You saw that people were attacking and you felt it was undeserved, so you stepped in.

Do you guys that like to hang out at pirate ever do that over there when they attack the newbs? If not......why not?

Yeah, but the difference is, we are going on about the aspect of their flaming. They are continuing with the ACTUAL flaming. HUGE difference.

I understand the philosophy about letting the "savages be savages" because it's their culture. (I'm was an anthro major) But just because they've always been that way, doesn't mean I have to approve. Nor does it mean that I shouldn't be allowed to be critical and post about it.

And in NO way do they give newbs fair warning. And don't give me any garbage about how newbies should peruse the forums before posting, because many have never even seen a BB.

Also, from a PR standpoint, with the many political issues facing off roading such as available lands use, etc. Do you think such public displays of idiocy doesn't hinder our progress as a whole? Would you want any of those gabronnis representing you as a 4x4 enthusiast? So from that perspective I really object.

Remember: 1 less jeeper = 1 less supporter-- and that's all that flaming proves to succeed in doing.

Wrangles, I believe the entire sentence read like this before you cut it in half- "They can take the time to flame someone who isnt even there, but they cant take the time to help someone out with a quick reply. Real winners in my opinion..." Apparently thats what that site is all about. And yes we are still talking about it, because I am going to side with and defend a fellow Jeepz member, expecially one who has more experience in jeeping than you and me combined. I have also seen that Robert is an extremely friendly and giving guy who will go the mile for a fellow jeeper, I am sure these Pirate guys are the ones who would just turn a head at a stranded jeeper, especially if he had revolvers :wink:

Back