Found in grandpas old things...

evangregory123

I was going through some of my grandpas old jeep parts and came across some rosette rivets... The rosette rivets are used to secure the vin tag to the frame. I was wondering if anyone knew if it is legal to sell these rivets and if they are, is anyone interested?

It probably varies depending on what state you're in. It may very well be legal to sell them but the problem may arise for the buyer depending on what he uses them for.

I agree with the first comment... How could it be illegal to possess a rivet? Even if it is in the shape of a rosette, it could just be "decorative" If a person chooses to use them to secure a vin tag that is there choice and if they get caught they will have to pay the consequences.

I agree with the first comment... How could it be illegal to possess a rivet? Even if it is in the shape of a rosette, it could just be "decorative" If a person chooses to use them to secure a vin tag that is there choice and if they get caught they will have to pay the consequences.
Because it's an item associated only with VIN tags and is commonly possessed by car thieves for 'retagging'.

Because it's an item associated only with VIN tags and is commonly possessed by car thieves for 'retagging'.

I did a search on rosetta rivets, and you are able to purchase them on line, so I don't understand why they would be illegal to posses. But then again there was diffrent styles of rivets shown.

Different makes of cars use different styles of rivets. So to make them illegal for mere possession is probably improbable.

probably improbable.

Love this.

Its probably not probable! Lol

I would just ring up your local sherif office or stop by, ask and if they say its illegal explain where you found them and leave them there, if not then you can keep em. Problem solved.

vin_rivets-1.jpg

Back