Fuses Good---Jerry Rigging Bad

happy024

Well this weekend i installed my KC back up lights to get ready for the LED brake light install. insted of drilling and finishing wires the "right" way. i just lead the hot wire though the tailgate which ended up pinching and splicing the wire. Which ended up grounding itself out and blowing a 50 Amp fuse that i have set up in my engine bay for all my lights and sterio consistant hot. i've had this same set-up for years and have never blown it with all my lights on and sterio blaring. i don't even want to think what would have happend if i didn't have the fuse set-up like i did.

Leason learned do things right the first time and have fuses to protect everthing else!

The last owner of my XJ had the blower motor short out, it blew the fuse. So her boyfriend put in a hunk of metal so she would have heat, not knowing said motor was shorted. Well, it cooked all the wiring up to the dash. I got to repair all that junk when I bought it. Of course I just thought the fuse was blown until I got into it.

So remember kiddies, if a fuse blows, something is wrong somewhere!! :purple:

Back