Gas Prices in your town ???

OK, so I got these sent to me in an email and this P*sses me off pretty good.

AN ENGINEERING MASTER PIECE

During the construction phase......

Dubai , United Arab Emirates

This is in Dubai, a country where it is 120 degrees outside.

image-missing.png

The one above is under construction:
the one below is complete:

image-missing.png

Look at the size of this thing, note the palm trees outside for scale

Can you guess what it is????????

It is a self contained Ski Resort......................The INSIDE view:

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

And we wonder why gas cost over $3 per gallon...... SO THEY CAN SKI IN THE DESERT,.....thats why.

Hey im new here, anyways here in columbus it hit $3.49 last week!!!!. its back down to 3.19 now

Lake Oswego Oregon is now $3.25 a gallon. Down from $3.65 a week and a half ago. And everyone is still driving their hummers...

I was dropping a friend off after a trip to the movies and saw that gas was down from $.319 this morning to $3.02! I might have to fill up.

Delta Farce gets a thumbs up, it's an alright movie.

I believe so. But I've never seen even 1 with mud on it...Some people just have a little extra money sitting around in LO.

Gas prices down here in East Central Mexico are about $2.50 per gallon---crunching the numbers to convert dollars to pesos and liters to gallons. All of the gas is sold through Pemex, owned by the Mexican government. They are slowly raising the price---1/10 of a peso at a time but there would be another revolution if it went to the equivelant of $4.00 a gallon.

I'm getting about 15.9 mpg out of my Jeep Liberty on the open highway---13.5 in the village, but it is slow stop and go on crowded narrow cobblestone streets.

Well, an old thread revived. It does make you think. I put 40 dollars in the TJ today and it was less than ten gallons. This really surcks! Not to mention I just drove cross country with two vehicles and I'm scared to add up the receipts. What's driving the prices so high? Doesn't make sense to me. Later, KJ

Teetering at near $4 per gallon here. No relief in sight.

Everything is getting expensive. Every poor sap that owns a business with a fleet of vehicles big or small is suffocating right now.

They whine about adding to the reserve, so we stopped that, but without more refineries, without tapping into our own resources, without spending significantly into viable alternatives (not corn - a whole 'nother bone to pick) and while we compete with China to bid for oil from foreign nations we are all going to continue to struggle and our economy will be tested even further yet as the prices will continue to rise.

We have options but we ignore them. Where is the patriotism among our elected house and senate (the stewards of our government)? Politics and half measures are all we get, yet we re-elect them.

Why?

Teetering at near $4 per gallon here. No relief in sight.

Everything is getting expensive. Every poor sap that owns a business with a fleet of vehicles big or small is suffocating right now.

They whine about adding to the reserve, so we stopped that, but without more refineries, without tapping into our own resources, without spending significantly into viable alternatives (not corn - a whole 'nother bone to pick) and while we compete with China to bid for oil from foreign nations we are all going to continue to struggle and our economy will be tested even further yet as the prices will continue to rise.

We have options but we ignore them. Where is the patriotism among our elected house and senate (the stewards of our government)? Politics and half measures are all we get, yet we re-elect them.

Why?
Well said Twisted Copper---our oil money is going to people wrapped in sheets with diapers on their heads---and they are not our friends.

Mexico produces it's own oil, and even has some to export, but Pemex is poorly run by the fed. and production drops every year. At least they drink the alcohol down here rather than put it in the tank.

One last note: A friend just got back from the US---they would not take his Jeep Cherokee in trade---the market is down for used SUV's

gas prices are horrible here in NYC, im payin 4.45 a gallon, im ready to buy a bicycle and do it like did when i was 15.

gas prices are horrible here in NYC, im payin 4.45 a gallon, im ready to buy a bicycle and do it like did when i was 15.
Jeepin916,

Major peso investment in your TJ---but $4.45/gal. gas---wheels in montion for special occasions only?

I once saw a short film clip of a bicycle courier in NYC traffic---kamakazi/pizza delivery mentality, but he was making good time. Probably did not live to be an old man.

I hava a Cannondale recumbant but riding a bike down here can be detrimental to your health---they will run over you. Thirty minutes on my old Schwinn Airdyne does the trick and no traffic on the varanda, but then you don't go anywhere.

Stay Safe,
Don

Back