Good article. Bad outcome. Maybe we can learn something

That trail is called Mt. Blanco. People die on it every year because they really don't know what they are doing or are using the wrong gear.
The saftey gear probably would have saved the guy in this article. Most people that go over Jaws2 hook a winch up before they even try to cross it. That way there is a safety line in case you go over the edge.

NEED A T-176 or T-177 Jeep 4-speed!!!!!!!!!!

Plus the artical siad thhat the locker (Ox) was partiialy to blame. After reading the article, I got the impression that the locker worked fine, but due to it being the driver's first time out with it, and inexperiance in using it, it was not actually to blame.

I ALWAYS try out new mods on EASY trails just to see how the Jeep reacts.
When the lift went on, I made sure I went to the pnes to get the feel of her, before I went to Tennesse.
Always a good point to follow.

Rob 8) :p :)

This tragic story might does have a silver lining...some that will read it might learn that off roading has its risks. Every time you change the suspension or gearing or motor modsyou should take your Jeep out and re-learn what she can do. If you take these words to heart and learn for this tragic event there should be one written up for you. I am sorry for the loss of a fellow Jeepster...but I will once again look over my ride and think about the trails...is it worth my life?

That sux but that is a price you run with the sport we love don't take safety for granted and remember don't go over your experience level....:( :( :(

It seems to me there not to much danger as long as you have the right equipment and dont go cheap. Like the article said, you pay for what you get, and wat you get might just be your life.

That is true but people take things way out of context and really go over board....:)

Yea, i guess it comes with the sport though. My step dad was telling me a story about his freinds that were out offroading. The passanger was paralized from his neck down, and him and his buddy were out in the dessert. His buddy was driving and he rolled the vehical (not sure what type, i think it might have been a jeep) and the driver wasnt wearing his seat belt and he feel out the side and the vehical crushed him killing him. The passanger who was paralized was just chilling there, totally alive cuz he had his seatbelt on. When they found the vehical the next day, neither of the bodies where there, but there were coyote foot prints and blood about. They say the coyotes ate the guy alive . . . makes you think twice about putting on that seat belt when out offroading . . . well it does me.

Yea, im all up for the 2 vehicals rule. I only stay close to home if im out alone, keep it in my sight . . . i guess i can do that out here in the dessert . . . ahahaha. By the way , that "accident" happened like 20 years ago.

Back