Got new clutch in the mail. . .

SenorCole86

RE: 1993 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 HO 126,000 mi Thinking of buying

I got my new Luk clutch in the mail today and was just wondering if it was necesary to resurface my flywheel when I replace the clutch. An explanation pinned to your answer would be helpful too. Also, is there anything I should watch for when replacing this clutch and is there someplace I might find a writeup? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Building a fiberglass center console....any advice?

I would definately machine the flywheel before installing a new clutch. You want an even, smooth surface for your clutch to engauge to. You could get uneven clutch wear or chattering if you don't machine it. Besides, even if you don't think it needs it, it's not that expensive for a little peace of mind.

and remember... CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!!!! no grease or oil on the flywheel or any parts - use brake cleaner to clean off the flywheel after install - any oil/grease can cause slippage, ruin the clutch material and create hotspots/slippage

Yes, machine the flywheel and some good advice above on cleaning during assembly.

Enjoy getting the engine and transmission mated back up ;)

Clean as in not even finger prints. Get a couple of cans of Brake Cleaner for clean up and assembly.

RE: 2.5l Engin Stalls

borrow (like from autozone) or rent an alignment tool - helps when it comes to bolting up the pressure plate - sorry i didnt mention it - makes life ALOT simpler!!!!

RE: Eating starters

borrow (like from autozone) or rent an alignment tool - helps when it comes to bolting up the pressure plate - sorry i didnt mention it - makes life ALOT simpler!!!!

Yeah, the kit came with one. Thank you for your help though.

Back