Gps?

Spojeeper

Where can I find a good gps for off roading I dont know the areas very well and it would be nice to not go out and get lost

Search through the internet. What you want to look for is a unit that's capable of leaving a popcorn trail as you go about your wheeling. You can store these popcorn trail in the memory and name it so when you want to find your way back on the same trail, you can pull up that last route and follow it. I've used the GPS-18 on my laptop to map out the trails and locations of the deer blinds in the ranch using the popcorn trail feature and along the way, i've marked out alternative trails as well but if a laptop is too bulky for you , there's unit's out there that will do the same in a more compact package.
BTW, i moved your thread on the electronics section.

The GPS Store has pretty much everything at reasonable prices.

I'd recommend a mapping GPS with compass and altimeter. This type of gps is perfect for offroad use. Adding a usgs topo base map as the map product rounds out the unit.

I found a gps app on my phone that leaves a popcorn trail. I am going to go see if it meets my needs once the snow melts and I can acctually get around and not freez to death.

I love my Garmin Jeep Trail Guide Navigation System with Topo.
Closed
gpsJPG-1.jpg

Open
gps1JPG-1.jpg

I run a Garmin 550. It has street and off-road capabilities. With the added bonus of loading in trails by way points that others have driven and mapped out before hand. It also came with the 3D off roading mapping trails already loaded. So my popcorn trails are in 3D, though I have never used this feature, 2D is just fine for me.

Back